British Food

Old July 14th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Hatunen

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:47:17 +0200, Martin
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:55:28 -0700, Hatunen wrote:

On 14 Jul 2005 06:00:35 -0700, wrote:

Martin wrote:

You need a very hot oven

As Martin says, this is the key. In my experience it doesn't work in
fan-assisted ovens, by the way.

What doesn't work?

Making Yorkshire Puddings.
http://www.deliaonline.com/cookerysc...0000000026.asp
Delia Smith Recipe

Oh. Too bad your post didn't say so.

Old July 15th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Tim Challenger

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:59:48 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:34:48 +0100, The Reids
wrote:

Following up to Keith W

UK, Netherlands and Spain going by the lorries. 6000 miles is
probably a little excessive.

It depends on the season. Those 'fresh' tomatoes you see on sale
in winter will have come from outside Europe, the Canary Islands
are probably the closest supplier and there is plenty of
South Africa fruit on sale in my local Tesco.

Is it 6000 miles to Africa? It takes me four hours to get to the
Canaries.

Canaries succeeds

That's because they don't have any teeth?
--
Tim C.
Old July 15th, 2005, 09:25 AM
a.spencer3

news:1121415179.e16c85c3f47886e93440f937d93c7d7f@t eranews...

wrote:

Following up to Keith W

UK, Netherlands and Spain going by the lorries. 6000 miles is
probably a little excessive.

It depends on the season. Those 'fresh' tomatoes you see on sale
in winter will have come from outside Europe, the Canary Islands
are probably the closest supplier and there is plenty of
South Africa fruit on sale in my local Tesco.

Is it 6000 miles to Africa? It takes me four hours to get to the
Canaries.

Canaries succeeds

That's because they don't have any teeth?
--

Or an Old Bill?

Surreyman

Old July 15th, 2005, 09:26 AM
a.spencer3

wrote in message
oups.com...

Martin wrote:

You need a very hot oven

As Martin says, this is the key. In my experience it doesn't work in
fan-assisted ovens, by the way.

What doesn't work?

Yorkshire Pudding.

Works in our fan-assisted fine. It's probably the cook that's the variable!

Surreyman

Old July 15th, 2005, 09:28 AM
DDT Filled Mormons

On 14 Jul 2005 13:37:37 -0700, wrote:

massive oversnip

I apologise - it was I who over-snipped, albeit inadvertently

Go stand in the corner until we all agree you can come out!
--
---
DFM -
Old July 15th, 2005, 02:31 PM

a.spencer3 wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Martin wrote:

You need a very hot oven

As Martin says, this is the key. In my experience it doesn't work in
fan-assisted ovens, by the way.

What doesn't work?

Yorkshire Pudding.

Works in our fan-assisted fine. It's probably the cook that's the variable!

Well, I used to make great YPs until we got a fan-assisted, and never
since! But maybe something else changed at the same time.

Old July 15th, 2005, 03:56 PM

Martin wrote:

What make of oven have you got Barney? All sorts of things that didn't
work in our old Neff oven work in our AEG fan assisted oven.

It's a Miele Classic, about seven years old now.