Germany's red carpet welcome faces first World Cup test

Old December 13th, 2005, 05:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Germany's red carpet welcome faces first World Cup test

In article ,
"Sarah Banick" wrote:

I agree, as well. I was there in September, staying in the east, and
attempting to communicate using my atrotious German. In the east, fewer
people speak english, but they would immediately call an associate who did
speak english if my pantomine/bad German didn't work. The shop keepers
didn't seem jaded, and I genuinely enjoyed our attempts at conversation; I
think they did too.

Hmm, you mean you have to try to communicate in something other than
English?
Old December 13th, 2005, 06:26 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

When will you be eligible for parole?

Tim K

"Magda" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:03:52 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "Timothy

Kroesen"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like

this :

... I'm sure you're at least as selective as Mixy...

Which reminds me... Today I'm celebrating 20 great years in this flat.

)))

Old December 13th, 2005, 07:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:54:51 GMT, "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:

OJ is frequently not great in hotels. I have fresh squeezed every
morning when I'm at home, so I find almost all the offerings a bit
dismal.

I'll give you that. It's particularly bad in the northern Italian places
I've stayed in.
--
Tim C.

And yet some of the best that I've had was a medium sized place in Venice.

I don't normally go that far south in Italy.
--
Tim C.
Old December 13th, 2005, 08:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Des Small

Is there a prize for being first back in?

yes, you don't waste your time reading unimaginative insults.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old December 13th, 2005, 08:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Magda

... well, as I do like Paris I'm glad it will make you unhappy.

I live in Paris - how could I be unhappy?

you come across as bloody miserable.
Old December 13th, 2005, 08:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Magda

... Happy to know you don't like Paris, anyway
... Where did I say that?

It was written on the label of the vinegar bottle I bought last year.

Ah, so I didnt.
Old December 13th, 2005, 12:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Magda

... ... well, as I do like Paris I'm glad it will make you unhappy.
... I live in Paris - how could I be unhappy?
... you come across as bloody miserable.

You are a very bad judge.

Judge of what? You come across as bloody miserable.
Old December 13th, 2005, 07:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

In article ,
The Reid wrote:

Catalans are known to be more serious than other Spaniards, for
instance when Brazil won a match in the world cup there was a
mass samba down the Ramblas. Miserable gits.

You mean they were celebrating Brazil beating Spain?

Did they also make monkey noises at the black players on Brazil's team?

That has to be the lowest.
Old December 14th, 2005, 09:02 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to poldy

Catalans are known to be more serious than other Spaniards, for
instance when Brazil won a match in the world cup there was a
mass samba down the Ramblas. Miserable gits.

You mean they were celebrating Brazil beating Spain?

No, Spain were already out from another match, they were
supporting whatever "Latin" teams were still in.

Did they also make monkey noises at the black players on Brazil's team?

No idea. Football attracts the knuckle draggers everywhere, I
don't suppose Spain is any different. I would expect that sort of
behaviour more from eastern Europe but I'm not interested in
football beyond a casual interest in the world cup so am not the
one to ask.