Germany's red carpet welcome faces first World Cup test

Old December 9th, 2005, 08:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Germany's red carpet welcome faces first World Cup test

On 9/12/05 21:02, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

Did you take into account that many people use the address

Than you have even a lower effective number of hits than Grunge!

Old December 9th, 2005, 09:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Martin" skrev i meddelandet
On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 15:45:11 +0000, The Reid
wrote:

Following up to Martin

If you want to save energy unplug the mini bar in your hotel room.

or switch off your PC.

I do regularly. :-)
--
Martin

that's once in a week or month ??

Old December 9th, 2005, 10:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 15:45:11 +0000, The Reid
wrote:

Following up to Martin

I get fed up with these silly statistics Earl keeps posting. It's as
if he is trying to convince himself that moving to Paris forever was a
good thing.

I think so, he should stop as Paris *is* a good place to live,not
perfect, but good.

No, no, no, Paris is an awful place to live. *

Jim.

* of course I've never even visited, but what does that matter in
judging it?
Old December 9th, 2005, 10:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Service in Barcelona [Was Germany something something]

On 09 Dec 2005 15:36:47 +0000, Des Small
wrote:

(David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and prestwich tesco 24h offy) writes:

Des Small wrote:

Particularly, the staff posted at every corner of museums to scold you
(in a langwidge you didn't know) if you dared to attempt to deviate
from the Approved Route.

I don't remember that, but the only museum I went to was the Picasso-
unless you include some of the Gaudi houses.

The Picasso had plenty of them.

They didn't when I was there, they seemed paranoid that I might aim my
camera at a picture, but didn't care that I wondered aimlessly, as is
my habit... I wonder what it is which triggers it.

Jim.
Old December 9th, 2005, 10:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Martin wrote:

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 15:45:11 +0000, The Reid
wrote:

[]
Yes, things have changed vastly over the last few years as I
understand they have in US.

My impression gained from sampling at 20 year periods is that things
have got worse. Gone are the free meals in Las Vegas & the steaks and
the lobsters elsewhere.

Hmmm. FSVO _worse_!

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old December 9th, 2005, 10:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Earl Evleth wrote:

On 9/12/05 19:47, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

The question is why does he assume that google hits represent anything
significant?

Because they are there.

So's a pile of dog****.

Old December 9th, 2005, 10:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy wrote:

Brussels is way above average for dog **** hits

Old December 10th, 2005, 08:36 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

On 9/12/05 23:28, in article ,
"Magda" wrote:

*Never* visit Paris, you'll be so enthralled you'll never leave it. Take my
word.

Mine too. Its seductive nature is exemplified with various sayings like
"when good Americans die they go to Paris". However I would leave the
banlieue out of that statement.

Old December 10th, 2005, 10:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Earl Evleth wrote:
On 9/12/05 23:28, in article ,
"Magda" wrote:

*Never* visit Paris, you'll be so enthralled you'll never leave it. Take my
word.

Mine too. Its seductive nature is exemplified with various sayings like
"when good Americans die they go to Paris". However I would leave the
banlieue out of that statement.

except Jim Morrison who went to Paris and died (allegedly)

Old December 10th, 2005, 10:29 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Mais les vrais connards, comme toi, meurent à Manteca. Je pouffe
bruymmant
Cochon Capitaliste