Woman Rescued From Cruise!

Old October 27th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Woman Rescued From Cruise!

Hi Everyone,

I saw this AP article and thought it would be of interest.
http://tinyurl.com/sind
If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are available on my
web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Old October 27th, 2003, 06:32 PM
Jean O'Boyle

Same here, Ray.

--Jean

Old October 27th, 2003, 06:41 PM
Mike Cordelli

Try

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pb.../APN/310260653

or

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ie...nG=Search+News

for other versions of it

Old October 27th, 2003, 06:53 PM
jcoulter

ArleneL wrote in
:

Sorry Ray, no article. Just a NOLA site that wants my DOB.

If you aren't too proud to share your zip you find this :

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A 64-year-old woman had to be rescued by helicopter
when she was struck by appendicitis on a cruise ship 170 miles south of
New Orleans.

She was recovering and in stable condition after the rescue Saturday
from the Carnival Conquest, the Coast Guard said. A nurse from the
Conquest accompanied her on the helicopter trip to West Jefferson
Medical Center, Coast Guard Lt. Evie Lynn said.

The Coast Guard did not release the woman's name, and without the name
West Jefferson Medical Center could not ask her permission to release
and update on her condition, spokeswoman Jennifer Steele said.

Old October 27th, 2003, 06:55 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Mike Cordelli" wrote in message
om...
Try

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pb.../APN/310260653

or

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ie...nG=Search+News

Thanks Mike,
--Jean

Old October 27th, 2003, 07:16 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Same here, Ray.

--Jean

"ArleneL" wrote in message

Sorry Ray, no article. Just a NOLA site that wants my DOB.

Arlene

Arlene and Jean,

I was able to get to the article, by putting in false information. You
can do this with many sites that want personal information. Someone here
on RTC taught me this trick.

sue

Old October 27th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Edward Todd

How was she evacuated? I haven't seen an area on a cruise ship where a
helicopter could land. Lowering a basket seems to risky? Maybe a copter
on floats that could land next to the ship on the water and then use a
lifeboat to get from the ship to the copter? I dunno, just curious as to
procedure here.

Edward
Old October 27th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Jeff Gersten

If you aren't too proud to share your zip you
find this :

The article came up for me from Ray's tiny url. I was not asked for zip
code, date of birth, or any other information.

Old October 27th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Mike Cordelli

Some cruise ships have areas on the deck that you can land on, others can be
transferred from the cruise ship to a coast guard ship they could land a
helicopter on.

The three year old they took off the Spirit last Thursday was "lifted" along
with the mother and ships doctor, that doesn't sound like they actually
landed.

I'm betting this happens way more then we hear about, two instances two
days?

Hey, do you think because they were both Carnival ships that it's a Carnival
problem?

Who do I sound like now?