Price

Old May 12th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Marjorie Peters

Default Price

This is going to be only the second time i have flown, and never this
far, going from buffalo to phoenix in oct, would like a non-stop and
right now the price is $375.00 what i would like to know do you think
the price wil come down, should i buy now, or i'm thinking about getting
a flight with a lay-over Also what i can take and not take, want to
take my camcorder, what the weight limit is, ect how does a peson find
out about all these things? any help anyone can give me, i thank you.
also if there is some thing i forgot please let me know, thank you
again..

MAGGIE

Old May 12th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Mark Hewitt

"Marjorie Peters" wrote in message
This is going to be only the second time i have flown, and never this
far, going from buffalo to phoenix in oct, would like a non-stop and
right now the price is $375.00 what i would like to know do you think
the price wil come down, should i buy now, or i'm thinking about getting
a flight with a lay-over

Direct is always best, lay over is a hassle. If that's the best price you
can find now, then buy now. The price may come down, it's just as likely it
will go up too!

Also what i can take and not take, want to
take my camcorder, what the weight limit is, ect how does a peson find
out about all these things?

Call the airline or look on their website.

Old May 13th, 2004, 04:23 AM
cj

Marjorie Peters wrote:

This is going to be only the second time i have flown, and never this
far, going from buffalo to phoenix in oct, would like a non-stop and
right now the price is $375.00 what i would like to know do you think
the price wil come down, should i buy now, or i'm thinking about getting
a flight with a lay-over Also what i can take and not take, want to
take my camcorder, what the weight limit is, ect how does a peson find
out about all these things? any help anyone can give me, i thank you.
also if there is some thing i forgot please let me know, thank you
again..

MAGGIE

I'm not sure about your travel dates, but looking on expedia, I see
flights around $230 RT for just a random October date with one
connection. A USAir direct flight (1 stop, no plane change) was
$287.00. I'd keep looking if I were you. And I wouldn't worry about
whether there is a connection along the way, as long as there is at
least an hour between flights, there are plenty of employees or even
other travelers that would assist you if you need help finding where
your next flight is. Even the flight attendants can advise you before
you deplane from your first flight. Direct flights are nice, but it
isn't really the end of the world to take a connection, however avoid
connections in the evenings if at all possible. This would be to ensure
you have a better chance on getting on another flight if one of the
flights are canceled.

You can take your camcorder, just make sure it is charged up before you
go through security in case they want proof it does work. Most airlines
allow you to take one bag and a personal item (purse or computer)onto
the plane with you. Do not check the camcorder! Typically weight limits
for checked luggage is 50 lbs, but that can vary between airlines. As
for what security will let you take in carry on luggage or put in
checked luggage, look at www.faa.gov. The airline's website will be
quite informative as to what and how you can take your stuff.

Take a book with you to make the time go faster. Enjoy your trip.
Old May 13th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Blake S

"Mark Hewitt" wrote in message

"Marjorie Peters" wrote in message
This is going to be only the second time i have flown, and never this
far, going from buffalo to phoenix in oct, would like a non-stop and
right now the price is $375.00 what i would like to know do you think
the price wil come down, should i buy now, or i'm thinking about getting
a flight with a lay-over

Direct is always best, lay over is a hassle. If that's the best price you
can find now, then buy now. The price may come down, it's just as likely

it
will go up too!

Direct may include a layover. Non-stop does not. Go non-stop if the price
is right.