Kenya south coast - package tour arrangements incl. cottage accommodation?

Old March 11th, 2007, 05:43 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Paul Altmann

Default Kenya south coast - package tour arrangements incl. cottage accommodation?

Hi there!

Just did some search through the websites of some of the big package
tour operators (like TUI, Thomas Cook etc.) to see if I could find
some nice offers of all-inclusive packages (you know: flight +
accommodation + car) for a just-relaxing stay at the coast south of
Mombasa.

Not too surprisingly, all of those package arrangements include hotel
accommodation, while I'd prefer to stay at one of those small, often
privately owned cottages or bungalows spots at the coast. So are there
any package tour operators at all, who include those in some of their
arrangements, instead of a hotel?

Thanks!

Old March 12th, 2007, 09:55 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Pat Anderson

In message . com, Paul
Altmann writes
Hi there!

Just did some search through the websites of some of the big package
tour operators (like TUI, Thomas Cook etc.) to see if I could find
some nice offers of all-inclusive packages (you know: flight +
accommodation + car) for a just-relaxing stay at the coast south of
Mombasa.

Not too surprisingly, all of those package arrangements include hotel
accommodation, while I'd prefer to stay at one of those small, often
privately owned cottages or bungalows spots at the coast. So are there
any package tour operators at all, who include those in some of their
arrangements, instead of a hotel?

Thanks!

Paul,
have a look at the Letsgo website, they are in Nairobi and may be able
to help you. They should be able to send information by email. Letsgo
are a reputable travel agency. Click on accommodation. I`m not sure
about package arrangements though.
Pat.

http://www.lets-go-travel.net/
--
Pat Anderson
Old April 18th, 2007, 11:10 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
ngeresa

On Mar 11, 10:43 am, "Paul Altmann" wrote:
Hi there!

Just did some search through the websites of some of the big package
tour operators (like TUI, Thomas Cook etc.) to see if I could find
some nice offers of all-inclusive packages (you know: flight +
accommodation + car) for a just-relaxing stay at the coast south of
Mombasa.

Not too surprisingly, all of those package arrangements include hotel
accommodation, while I'd prefer to stay at one of those small, often
privately owned cottages or bungalows spots at the coast. So are there
any package tour operators at all, who include those in some of their
arrangements, instead of a hotel?

Thanks!

Hi You can contact Destination Connect Co Ltd actually they usally
offer cottage accomodation thats if you request. You can always get
them via

They also offer intresting Mombasa excursions and Safaris.

You can check out their website
http://www.destination-connect.com

Paul

Old April 18th, 2007, 01:36 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Africatraveler

I know that in south coast Diani we can get cottages.
Apartment are the ones that are easier to get (1 bedroom).

Rates for both options usually start at around $43 per night that
EXCLUDES meals

Hope this helps
Gerald
http://www.africapoint.com