airplane leaves passangers behind

Old August 6th, 2007, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.air
awaller

Default airplane leaves passangers behind

Recently I was on a flight going to BWI from Manchester, NH and we were
diverted to Hartford due to storms. We spent 5 or so hours in Hartford
and all of the sudden the flight got clearance to leave. The crew got
everyone loaded quickly,except for about 5 people who were not in their
seats when the plane left. Has anyone ever experienced a plane leaving
like that. Those people's hand luggage was on the plane because they
told us to leave everything on. How does the airline deal with those who
were left behind. I wonder if they ever received their bags?
Old August 6th, 2007, 06:27 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Banty

In article , awaller says...

Recently I was on a flight going to BWI from Manchester, NH and we were
diverted to Hartford due to storms. We spent 5 or so hours in Hartford
and all of the sudden the flight got clearance to leave. The crew got
everyone loaded quickly,except for about 5 people who were not in their
seats when the plane left. Has anyone ever experienced a plane leaving
like that. Those people's hand luggage was on the plane because they
told us to leave everything on. How does the airline deal with those who
were left behind. I wonder if they ever received their bags?

So, did they page the passengers?

Banty

Old August 6th, 2007, 08:20 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Marty Shapiro

awaller wrote in :

Recently I was on a flight going to BWI from Manchester, NH and we were
diverted to Hartford due to storms. We spent 5 or so hours in Hartford
and all of the sudden the flight got clearance to leave. The crew got
everyone loaded quickly,except for about 5 people who were not in their
seats when the plane left. Has anyone ever experienced a plane leaving
like that. Those people's hand luggage was on the plane because they
told us to leave everything on. How does the airline deal with those who
were left behind. I wonder if they ever received their bags?

This happened to me many years ago. Flight was on Qantas from Tahiti
to Sydney with a 2 hour stop scheduled for Fiji. We landed in Fiji and
about 2/3 of the passengers headed off to the duty free while the rest of
us waited in the boarding area. Abouth 30 minutes after we had deplaned,
the cockpit and cabin crews came back and the captain said for everyone to
board. No sooner had we all been seated than the door shut and we were
pushed back and began to taxi. None of the passengers who went to the duty
free were back. After we were airborn, the pilot announced that he had
advanced the departure time so that we would be in Sydney in time for the
Melbourne Cup. The Australians on board gave a rousing cheer!

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)
Old August 6th, 2007, 10:00 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

On Aug 6, 12:13 pm, awaller wrote:
Recently I was on a flight going to BWI from Manchester, NH and we were
diverted to Hartford due to storms. We spent 5 or so hours in Hartford
and all of the sudden the flight got clearance to leave. The crew got
everyone loaded quickly,except for about 5 people who were not in their
seats when the plane left. Has anyone ever experienced a plane leaving
like that. Those people's hand luggage was on the plane because they
told us to leave everything on. How does the airline deal with those who
were left behind. I wonder if they ever received their bags?

It's going to happen. I've seen it before. I wonder about the carry
on issue though. If I had to get off a plane for any reason, my carry
on goes with me. I have too much to lose if I loose it.