Online seat reservation for Swiss flight?

Old January 26th, 2008, 06:19 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Paul Altmann

Default Online seat reservation for Swiss flight?

Hi there,

just had to realise that for my Swiss flights (e-tickets) some weeks
away there seems to be no way to do an online seat reservation right
now - that I have to wait until the last 24 hours before the flight :-
( Any chance, any trick, for me to do an online seat reservation this
evening???

What I have:

* Booking reservation number, 6 digits

* Airline confirmation number, 6 (different) digits

* e-ticket number

Thanks
Old January 28th, 2008, 09:57 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Traveller[_4_]

"Paul Altmann" wrote in message
Hi there,

just had to realise that for my Swiss flights (e-tickets) some weeks
away there seems to be no way to do an online seat reservation right
now - that I have to wait until the last 24 hours before the flight :-
( Any chance, any trick, for me to do an online seat reservation this
evening???

Paul: Have you tried phoning them?

Old January 29th, 2008, 12:46 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Paul Altmann

Paul: Have you tried phoning them?

Well, I e-mailed them eventually - found no way so far to do a seat
reservation online. (And believe by now, there is none.)
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:16 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

"Paul Altmann" wrote:
Paul: Have you tried phoning them?

Well, I e-mailed them eventually - found no way so far to do
a seat reservation online. (And believe by now, there is none.)

Sometimes, there are ways of getting things done that require
talking to a real, live person, and not a computer screen. Are
you telephone-phobic?

Old January 29th, 2008, 05:27 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Paul Altmann

On 29 Jan., 16:46, "Cameron Tilson"
wrote:
Absolutely; worked for us last year! Phone them!

Sure - but did you ever try BA's oder AA's graphic based online seat
reservation feature? You will be prompted with a graphical seat
layout, with seats marked as occupied and others marked as vacant.
It's fun and it's easy to select your favorite seat that way. You
can't do it that effective via phone.
Old January 29th, 2008, 11:53 PM posted to rec.travel.air
dgs[_5_]

wrote:

Absolutely; worked for us last year! Phone them!

Sure - but did you ever try BA's oder AA's graphic based online seat
reservation feature?

Used BA's just last December, yep. So?

You
can't do it that effective via phone.

Go to www.seatguru.com, drill down to Swiss, then select the type
of aircraft on which you'll be flying. Call the airline. When
they propose a seat for you, you can then ask for alternatives if
you don't like what you get, or you can take what's offered.

But most of all, you can quit whining that some airline web sites
offer seat selection, and some don't. Cope.
--
dgs
Old January 30th, 2008, 07:07 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Paul Altmann

On 30 Jan., 00:53, dgs wrote:
But most of all, you can quit whining that some airline web sites
offer seat selection, and some don't. Cope.

Problem here seems to be that people have their difficulties in
realizing with what was the OP's issue. That was: Are there
alternative ways to do an early ONLINE seat reservation besides the
one which Swiss offers only during the last 24 hours before the
flight. It was NOT: How can I reserve a seat in case online is not an
option. Thanks anyway.