Brisbane-Gold Coast

Old December 6th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Samantha

Default Brisbane-Gold Coast

BlankHi everyone,

Need some help. Will be flying in to Brisbane next week to join my husband who will be
out there on a job assignment. Would like to locate nice cottages for my husband and two kids.
What attractions are out there in Brisbane? Where are the clean beaches? What's are the fun things
to do in Brisbane and Gold coast for a young family.

All help is welcome

Samantha

Old December 7th, 2004, 10:33 AM
joannington

Hi Samantha

Sorry I cant help you with Accomodation - have always stayed with
relatives...

Depending on the age of your kids, the theme parks are always an
option. Dreamworld is okay for all ages and is a little closer to
brisbane than the others, there is a section for kids however it might
be a little big and overwhelming for some. Movieworld is great for
younger kids - has lots of characters walking around and a lot to keep
them entertained. I think Wet N wild is better suited to adolescents /
teenagers and Seaworld is great for kids who are interested in anything
marine. Other than theme parks there is a Planetarium which I think is
around Brisbane, there is a "Sciencentre" in the Southbank area and of
course Steve Irwins "Australia Zoo" which is in Beerwah. I think it
might be the start of Queenslands school holidays next week so be
prepared to line up at the majority of places.

Beaches : When I was very young my parents would take me to
Coochiemudlo beach where i saw dolphins / turtles in the shallow water
(good for younger kids)... im not sure where it is in relation to
brisbane but look it up if you have the chance.
When I was a bit older (10 onwards) I generally just went to main beach
and surfers so im not sure if there is any as good a little closer to
brisbane.

Hope this is helpful

Jo

--
joannington
joannington's Profile: http://travelforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=259

Old December 7th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Ross

Very well put Jo.

Coochiemudlo is an island off Victoria Point and has excellent beaches for
younger paddlers.

Don't know about the turtles but the dolphins are still there. We have a
son and daughter-in-law who live on the island.

Victoria Point is in the Redland Shire about 38 kms from the Brisbane GPO
and is alternative route to Gold Coast City.

Ross