Bad Reviews

Old September 28th, 2011, 11:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Old Sarge[_3_]

Default Bad Reviews

My feeling is that reviews are targeted toward particular ships, not the
entire line. I had an outstanding cruise on the Victory a few years
ago. The only draw back was it was on the heels of Katrina and gas was
sky high and motels and hotels were full. We drove to Miami.

My bad experience on the Carnival Liberty was mainly as a result of poor
ship design and the failure of passengers to lodge official complaints
about the noise, otherwise it may have been taken care of sooner.

If my food was good on the Victory and so so on the Liberty, it's a
vessel problem. I DO read reviews in depth, but may also skip a few
important facts like heh, cabin noise. However, I did see a review from
the same cabin and they also mentioned the noise.

I also think service on the ships are related to where the majority of
the crew is from. For instance, on the Victory, the majority of the
customer service crew members were from the Philippines whereas the
majority on the Liberty were Indonesian and appeared not to smile much.

My first cruise was on the NCL Dreamward (Dream), from NYC to Bermuda.
That was a nice cruise on a mid sized ship, but only two Bermuda ports.
--
**U.S. Army Retired - USPS Retired**
**Degreed in CS, BS, HBS**

Old September 29th, 2011, 02:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:15:55 -0400, Old Sarge wrote:

If my food was good on the Victory and so so on the Liberty, it's a
vessel problem. I DO read reviews in depth, but may also skip a few
important facts like heh, cabin noise. However, I did see a review from
the same cabin and they also mentioned the noise.

Told ya' CCL knew.
--
http://tr.im/1f86
Old September 30th, 2011, 02:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Old Sarge[_3_]

On 9/29/2011 9:33 AM, Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:15:55 -0400, Old Sarge wrote:

If my food was good on the Victory and so so on the Liberty, it's a
vessel problem. I DO read reviews in depth, but may also skip a few
important facts like heh, cabin noise. However, I did see a review from
the same cabin and they also mentioned the noise.

Told ya' CCL knew.

Yeah yeah. You sound like my wife now. Maybe I'll take a look at
$eabourn next time. I'd rather pay more and have a better experience.