Review of staterooms/cabins on ships....

Old April 18th, 2012, 05:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bo1953

Default Review of staterooms/cabins on ships....

Hello all, I Am wondering if there is a web site which offers insight on which are the best cabins on various cruise lines. I saw one several years ago and cannot find it now. I understand there are several places on the various cruises to stay away from.

This reviewer provided several cabins to consider and those to try and not get.

Any direction for this is appreciated. TIA bo1953
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 4/18/2012 12:03 AM, Bo1953 wrote:
Hello all, I Am wondering if there is a web site which offers insight
on which are the best cabins on various cruise lines. I saw one
several years ago and cannot find it now. I understand there are
several places on the various cruises to stay away from.

This reviewer provided several cabins to consider and those to try
and not get.

Any direction for this is appreciated. TIA bo1953

All of the information you want is on Cruise Critic. I don't know why
you refuse to use them.
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bo1953

On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:59:34 AM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
On 4/18/2012 12:03 AM, Bo1953 wrote:
Hello all, I Am wondering if there is a web site which offers insight
on which are the best cabins on various cruise lines. I saw one
several years ago and cannot find it now. I understand there are
several places on the various cruises to stay away from.

This reviewer provided several cabins to consider and those to try
and not get.

Any direction for this is appreciated. TIA bo1953

All of the information you want is on Cruise Critic. I don't know why
you refuse to use them.

Bill,

Thank you for the reply. I, again, have gone to Cruise Critic and Am not able to find 'specifically' recommended cabins to consider on each ship. I found reviews of each cabin type offered on each ship under each ships review, which I found to be quite similar to other cruise review sites.

Specifically, I Am looking for the reviewer(s) who provide specific cabin(s) to ask for or to avoid, if at all possible. The pros and cons etc..

If this information is on CC, please point me in the proper direction to locate it.

TIA...
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 4/18/2012 4:18 PM, Bo1953 wrote:
[...]

Do not look at the reviews (well you can, but it's not what you want).
Look on the message boards, and particular in the sub-board for the
cruise line(s) you are interested in. I know that for Celebrity, for
example, there was a lengthy thread on cabins on the Solstice class of
ships. I am sure there are similar threads for other lines and ships.
If you can't find a thread, post something asking for cabin suggestions
and you will either get replies or someone will point you at the
existing thread.

Bill
Old April 19th, 2012, 07:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:54:02 -0400, Bill
wrote:

[...]

there's a lengthy thread on the HAL board about cabins under the
kitchen (they didn't like them and I didn't care for them when I was
given one). There are also some balconies that are overlooked from
higher decks more than others, but that's not a concern for us as we
almost never get a balcony. We did find that on the HAL Rotterdam
sized ships, with some wind directions in port the sewer gases were
re-entrained into the back cabins on the 6th (Promenade) deck. Also
if there is a running track overhead that might be noisy.

Generally speaking people know not to get certain types of cabins
across all types of ships. If the ship will be anchoring, don't get a
cabin right up in the bow. Don't get a cabin under the kitchen and
sometimes right under the pool deck is bad. But I've been under the
gym, the theatre and the dining room and they were all perfectly OK.
Opposite the laundry is sometimes noisy, and people do complain
sometimes about the elevators, but I have not found that to be a
problem.
Old April 21st, 2012, 06:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K

wrote:

[...]

To this I would add cabins that are on lower decks near the thrusters.
The noise is quite loud when the ship is docking (usually very early in
the AM) and the whole cabin vibrates.

Brian K
Old April 28th, 2012, 03:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

The worst cabins and suites are the most expensive.

They are located in the top passenger deck, just below the pool deck and
buffet.

You pay top dollar for this deck and get noise from walking running and
moving furniture to the clean up all night.

Gadget

Old May 6th, 2012, 07:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 4/17/2012 11:03 PM, Bo1953 wrote:
Hello all, I Am wondering if there is a web site which offers insight on which are the best cabins on various cruise lines. I saw one several years ago and cannot find it now. I understand there are several places on the various cruises to stay away from.

This reviewer provided several cabins to consider and those to try and not get.

Any direction for this is appreciated. TIA bo1953

Sorry this is late. Just got back from my San Diego to San Diego 15
night Hawaiian Islands cruise on Celebrity Century.

Here's the web site you want:

http://deckplangenius.com/Home.aspx

--
Janet Wilder