Leaving airport while in transit

Old September 18th, 2007, 10:59 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
nntp-bergen.uninett.no

Default Leaving airport while in transit

Hi,

We have 18 hours between flights in Doha, Quatar next month, and I was
wondering if it is possible to leave the airport and see Doho during this
time.
I have never been waiting at an airport this long before, so I don't know if
it is allowed.

Sincerely,
HH
Bergen, Norway

Old September 18th, 2007, 11:56 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Chris Blunt

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:37:51 GMT, "wokkel"
wrote:

yes it is ok 4 u 2 leave as long as u get back in plenty of time 4 ur
connecting flight

He would also need a visa, and according to this web page he would
have to be flying on Qatar Airways. I'm not sure whether that is still
a requirement.

http://www.worldtravelguide.net/coun...ast/Qatar.html

Chris

Old September 18th, 2007, 02:00 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
nntp-bergen.uninett.no

Thanky ou very much for this answer, and the link to World Travel Guide.
I have not seen this webside before, and it seems very useful.

-HH

Old September 18th, 2007, 07:13 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl

"wokkel" wrote in message
don't need a visa 4 connecting flights

He does if he's planning to leave Doha airport. If you're Norwegian you
should be able to get a visa on arrival, which you buy with a credit card.
The immigration guys still chuckle about you buying a visa with a Visa.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore