Westerdam?

Old March 10th, 2004, 10:10 PM
clint

Default Westerdam?

Friends tell me they are going on the Westerdam next Fall, and it's a "new"
ship! We took a cruise on the Westerdam years ago. What's up, mates?

Old March 10th, 2004, 10:26 PM
LES!

"clint" wrote in message
Friends tell me they are going on the Westerdam next Fall, and it's a

"new"
ship! We took a cruise on the Westerdam years ago. What's up, mates?

From HAL's website:

===

ms Westerdam. magnificent Vista Class

The Vista-Class ms Westerdam joins the Holland America Line fleet in spring
2004. On board, guests will enjoy a space-per-person ratio unsurpassed by
any other ship in a fleet already known for spacious comfort. In addition,
Westerdam has more of what guests desi More staterooms with private
verandahs. More dining choices including the reservations-only Pinnacle
Grill experience, and the Lido Restaurant, a culinary courtyard. More ways
to relax in The Greenhouse Spa and Salon.

===

I might be wrong (imagine that lol) But if you cruised on a Westerdam years
ago, then it's possible that HAL has named a new ship an old name?

--

LES!

NOTE: Begin tasteless and "too long" signature here.

"It takes the Village People to raise a child. Sometimes you need a cowboy,
sometimes you need a cop, and sometimes you need a big gay Indian."

- Unknown (possibly Dharma & Greg)

a disturbing new study shows that studies are disturbing.

-ellen

===================================

To email me privately, remove your lips from my ass!

NOTE: End tasteless and "too long" signature here.

Old March 10th, 2004, 10:36 PM
D Ball

HAL re-uses its ship names. I think this will be the third
Westerdam. Some of the HAL historians will correct me if I'm
wrong.

Diana Ball
Near Houston, TX
http://www.dianaball.net

RCI Mariner =96 E Carib =96 Holidays 03
RCI Serenade =96 Transatlantic =96 Maiden 08/04/03
Star Princess =96 Mex Riviera =96 Holidays 02
Dawn Princess =96 Alaska =96 July 02
NCL Star =96 Hawaii =96 June 02
RCI Rhapsody =96 W Carib =96 Holidays 01 (back-to-back)
RCI Explorer =96 E Carib =96 Holidays 00
NCL Sea =96 W Carib =96 Holidays 99
Old March 10th, 2004, 10:42 PM
LES!

"D Ball" wrote in message

HAL re-uses its ship names. I think this will be the third
Westerdam. Some of the HAL historians will correct me if I'm
wrong.

That's what I thought because sometimes I see the Rotterdam listed as
Rotterdam IV.

I like all the dam ships though giggles

Old March 10th, 2004, 11:34 PM
ArleneL

There's a new Westerdam coming out soon. Maybe it's already out. Anyhow, new
ship, old name. We were on the old one twice; Alaska in 1990 and through
entire Panama Canal in 1991.

Arlene

Old March 11th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Ray Goldenberg

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 23:34:40 GMT, ArleneL
wrote:

There's a new Westerdam coming out soon. Maybe it's already out.

Hi Everyone,

The new Westerdam starts sailing next month.
Any more easy questions, just ask!

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old March 11th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Heather

I think this will be the third
Westerdam.

The last Westie was the old Homeric II (Home Lines), which was cut and
reprofiled. This is the ship "Out To Sea" was shot on.

-Heather
Remove CanOspam to email
http://members.aol.com/nookeybear/index1.htm
Old March 11th, 2004, 04:08 AM
Bill Lawrence123

"clint" wrote in message
.. .
Friends tell me they are going on the Westerdam next Fall, and it's a

"new"
ship! We took a cruise on the Westerdam years ago. What's up, mates?

First of all, Clint ain't your mate, he is a troll, a troll who has nothing
more to offer than Cruising Chrissy.

He craves attention which is why he uses words in his posts like "coloureds"
and "puffers" hoping that he can get anyone to answer him and make him feel
important.

Old March 11th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Dick Goldhaber

Arlene,

Correct me if I am wrong. I seem to recall being on a cruise with a group
of friends when Danni didn't join in, and I remember being docked behind
Westerdam, the old one, and watching them offload luggage from the top deck.

My imagination, or the way it was?
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old March 11th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Jean O'Boyle

wrote:

There's a new Westerdam coming out soon. Maybe it's already out.

Hi Everyone,

The new Westerdam starts sailing next month.
Any more easy questions, just ask!
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Ray, what happens to the Westerdam that is doing Mediterranean cruises right
now?

--Jean