Cheap Hong Kong accommadation

Old October 3rd, 2004, 02:00 PM
Blakey

Default Cheap Hong Kong accommadation

Hi all,

I appreciate that this may be a common question but, can anyone
recommend a value for money (cheap!), clean, safe, hotel/guest house in
Hong Kong please?

Regards

Blakey

To contact me direct, remove 'SPAMFREE' from address.
Old October 3rd, 2004, 07:45 PM
Iceman

I appreciate that this may be a common question but, can anyone
recommend a value for money (cheap!), clean, safe, hotel/guest house in
Hong Kong please?

Wang Fat Hostel in Causeway Bay. It's near the subway, it's clean,
the area is fine at night, and as of January 2003 it was US $35 per
night.

Avoid the Chungking Mansions and Mirador Mansions (dirty, noisy, and
your stuff isn't safe), and the Mount Davis Hostel (really out of the
way from almost everything).

Old October 4th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Rupert Fiennes

I'd reccomend the Noble House hostel also in Causeway Bay. Stayed there
as a backpacker in 1999/2000, then went back there late 2002 with the
wife and son :-)

Rupert

Old October 6th, 2004, 12:26 PM
knll

Iceman wrote:
I appreciate that this may be a common question but, can anyone
recommend a value for money (cheap!), clean, safe, hotel/guest house in
Hong Kong please?

Depends on where you want to stay.

I would recommend the Standford in Mongkok. Possibly the only
'presentable' hotel in Mongkok.

A good place to be if you like shopping & eating, not your average
shopping and eating mind you, but real shopping and eating with the
locals. It's like new year every night. You can just wander the
streets till 2am, and it's shoulder-to shoulder crowds.

You can get really cheap internet rates if you search the web. I paid
about $50US per night there. A bargain when you consider what other
prices lesser hotels charge.
Old October 6th, 2004, 03:59 PM
punk

The YMCA hotel
http://www.ymcahk.org.hk/sales/html/hst001e.htm

Old October 8th, 2004, 07:13 AM
stayn

try to visit this link:
http://www.asia-hotels.com/hl/Hong_Kong.asp

Old October 8th, 2004, 07:14 AM
stayn

Old October 8th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Tom

YMCA, Hongkong is cheap and comfortable.....It's in Kowloon, very close to
the center and the price is abt 500 HKD per night for two beds

"Blakey"

Old October 15th, 2004, 02:21 PM
jimson

Desert Dweller wrote in message news:4

Must have been a while ago as I take it every morning and evening and it
takes 25 mins. (the slow ferry can take 35 mins though)

Aren't those ferries great? That's one of the most fun things to do in
HK, getting on those things and enjoy, esp'ly the slow ones.