Going to Wal-Mart while in Port

Old March 27th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:48:19 GMT, "Marsha L"
wrote:

OTOH, I don't think I've ever been in a K-Mart that I liked, and they're
still in business (even if barely so!)!

Hi Marsha,

You need to update your info. vbg K-Mart is doing so well that they
just purchased Sears. BTW, I agree with your comment to avoid at all
costs.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old March 27th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 17:40:08 GMT, Karen Segboer wrote:

Interesting thread. I've never been in a Wal-Mart and always wanted
to go to one; in fact, I just discovered there's one up the highway
and I plan on visiting soon, just to look around. Wal-Mart's building
a new store in our neck of the woods, too.

Karens

It's a friggin semi-discount store, for God's sake. Why in the world does
it make any difference if one goes or not? Why do people wish to label one
another by the retailers they choose?

Interesting? Ignorance usually is.

Me? I won't go since I hated Sam Walton, all he stood for, and the Evil
Butthole he was. Satan, sptifire his soul.

Old March 27th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:39:10 -0500, E.k.R. wrote:

Karen,
Believe me, you are missing nothing. The place is a filthy hole

Which one are you going to? Off Riverdale? There are perfectly acceptable
WalMart's all over the Metro, Ernie.

People say that Target is more
expensive than Wal-Mart.

It is.

Old March 27th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:52:31 -0500, ZombyWoof wrote:

Folks with 10-kids don't have a lot of shopping options other then
Wal-Mart.

Walton grew WalMart first to address extra-urban shopping demands. All the
towns in the South had were McRory's and they were located in rotting
downtowns. I know, my partners and I built dozens of them including the
first to "invade" the metro marketplace in Memphis.

Old March 27th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:35:12 -0500, "E.k.R."
wrote:

It seems Wal-Mart builds (at least in Atlanta) in the
lower income areas (where they have little retaliation). When they try to
build anywhere half way decent they get bombarded with angry protesters and
political roadblocks.

Hi Ernie,

I find this discussion amusing because they tried to build a Target on
the outskirts of Santa Barbara. The city fathers and mothers would
not have any of it. BTW, there were protests organized by some of our
"locals" that wanted to see a Target. "No way, Jose" g said our
politicos.