Ny to Long Island

Old September 21st, 2005, 01:42 PM
listener

Default Ny to Long Island

I'll be driving upto the Hamptons from NYC and looking at the map it looks
like its once long road all the way up, anything i should stop by and see
whilest im up there? any problems on the drive up?

cheers

Old September 21st, 2005, 03:57 PM
Brian Wickham

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:42:27 GMT, "listener" wrote:

I'll be driving upto the Hamptons from NYC and looking at the map it looks
like its once long road all the way up, anything i should stop by and see
whilest im up there? any problems on the drive up?

Nothing to see on the way out. BTW, New Yorkers say they are going
"out" to the Hamptons not "up". With no significant traffic it will
take you about 2+ hours.

Brian Wickham
Old September 21st, 2005, 06:47 PM
Bill McKee

"Brian Wickham" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:42:27 GMT, "listener" wrote:

I'll be driving upto the Hamptons from NYC and looking at the map it
looks
like its once long road all the way up, anything i should stop by and see
whilest im up there? any problems on the drive up?

Nothing to see on the way out. BTW, New Yorkers say they are going
"out" to the Hamptons not "up". With no significant traffic it will
take you about 2+ hours.

Brian Wickham

Long Island is East-West, not North South.

Old September 21st, 2005, 08:03 PM
listener

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Brian Wickham" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:42:27 GMT, "listener" wrote:

I'll be driving upto the Hamptons from NYC and looking at the map it
looks
like its once long road all the way up, anything i should stop by and see
whilest im up there? any problems on the drive up?

Nothing to see on the way out. BTW, New Yorkers say they are going
"out" to the Hamptons not "up". With no significant traffic it will
take you about 2+ hours.

Brian Wickham

Long Island is East-West, not North South.

looking at the map here id say the majority of long island is North of NYC!
ide also say driving the road along Long Island is a north east!

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...=n y&zipcode=

Old September 21st, 2005, 11:53 PM
SusieQ

looking at the map here id say the majority of long island is North of NYC!

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...&country=US&ad...

zoom out on the map and you'll see that Long Island is basically east
of Manhattan and a very little north. When I drive north east I end
up in CT.

Old September 22nd, 2005, 12:35 AM
Brian

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:03:38 GMT, "listener" wrote:

looking at the map here id say the majority of long island is North of NYC!
ide also say driving the road along Long Island is a north east!

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...=n y&zipcode=

You can call it whatever you want but you risk being laughed at. G
Incidentally, upstate has a different meaning than you might expect.