Driving Permit in Seattle, Washington State

Old August 28th, 2006, 06:06 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Sada

Default Driving Permit in Seattle, Washington State

Hello Group

I am 'visiting' US for a brief period of 3 months.

I hold an INDIAN Driving License.

May I know whether it is permissible to drive in Washington using my
INDIAN driving license.
I do not have an INTERNATIONAL Driving Permit.

My INDIAN Driving license is in English.
Any links to US Gov websites would be helpful !

Please let me know

Thanks
Sada

Old August 28th, 2006, 06:23 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

Sada wrote:
Hello Group

I am 'visiting' US for a brief period of 3 months.

I hold an INDIAN Driving License.

May I know whether it is permissible to drive in Washington using my
INDIAN driving license.
I do not have an INTERNATIONAL Driving Permit.

My INDIAN Driving license is in English.

Can you obtain an international driver license? It's essentially a
translation of your driver license to English. Since your license is
already in English this would not be necessary.

Any links to US Gov websites would be helpful !

Driver license is controlled by the State, not the US Government. You
want to check this web site:

http://www.dmv-department-of-motor-v...r_vehicles.htm

It appears that as long as you are older than 16 with a valid license
you can drive legally for one year on your Indian license.

Please let me know

Thanks
Sada

Old August 28th, 2006, 06:31 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Sada

Dear Peter

Many thanks for your instant reply.

Can you send me the exact link which explains this situation.
I could not find this in the link which you provided...

Thanks again
Sada

Old August 28th, 2006, 06:40 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

Sada wrote:
Dear Peter

Many thanks for your instant reply.

Can you send me the exact link which explains this situation.
I could not find this in the link which you provided...

They have an Adobe file. Here is a search page. Click on the first
item on that search page.

Old August 29th, 2006, 01:58 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Stephen Dailey

On 28 Aug 2006 10:31:59 -0700, Sada wrote:

Dear Peter

Many thanks for your instant reply.

Can you send me the exact link which explains this situation.
I could not find this in the link which you provided...

Thanks again
Sada

Try this one: http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/

However, it appears as though you might not need a WA license if you're
visiting WA for three months:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.20.025
(see subsection 2c)

I'm not a lawyer, so read carefully.