Traveling from Los Angeles to Ft. Myers and looking for deal

Old June 8th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Men

Default Traveling from Los Angeles to Ft. Myers and looking for deal

The cheapest I can find is $400.

I've tried all the usual suspects.

Any advice?

Thanks, much
Old June 8th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Bob

There are some very good fares to Fort Lauderdale or Tampa and there
are no rental car drop off fees in Florida.

Old June 9th, 2004, 12:13 AM
John R. Levine

The cheapest I can find is $400.

I've tried all the usual suspects.

Orbitz' flexible search shows lots of $315 fares. When do you want to
go?

I also agree that you should look in Tampa and FLL since it's so cheap
to drive. United flies LAX-TPA for under $210.

Old June 9th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Men

We ended up getting $200 r/t from LAX to Ft Lauderdale on Song
Airlines, operated by Delta.

Anyone know who long the actual drive is from Ft Lauderdale to Ft
Myers? Is it trafficky an arduous or fairly low stress?

Old June 9th, 2004, 06:35 PM
John R. Levine

Anyone know who long the actual drive is from Ft Lauderdale to Ft
Myers? Is it trafficky an arduous or fairly low stress?

Most of it is a long straight shot across the Everglades on I-75.
Should take about 2 1/2 hours. At each end the local traffic is was
it is, but at the Fort Lauderdale end you're on interstate the whole
way. By L.A. standards I think you'd find it low stress.

Old June 11th, 2004, 07:34 PM
sassy_q

Have you booked your car rental yet? I agree with John in that you
should look at the Orbitz rental car options. I recently got a great
deal on a car for a week up in NYC. Hopefully this helps you out.
Good luck..