An American tourist

Old March 22nd, 2004, 12:04 AM
st

Default An American tourist

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 03:31:34 GMT, Curt Strubhar
wrote:

An American tourist in London decides to skip his tour group and
explore the city on his own.

He wanders around seeing the sights, occasionally stopping at a quaint
pub to soak up the local culture, chat with the lads, and have
a pint of Guinness.

After a while, he finds himself in a very high class neighborhood --
big, stately residences, no pubs, no stores, no restaurants, and
worst of all, NO PUBLIC RESTROOMS.

He really is desperate after all that Guinness. He finds a narrow side
street, with high walls surrounding the adjacent buildings and
decides to use the wall to solve his problem. But as he is unzipping
he is tapped on the shoulder by a London bobbie who says, "I
say, sir, you simply cannot do that here, you know."

"I'm very sorry, officer," replies the American, "but I really, REALLY
have to go, and I just can't find a public restroom."

"Ah, yes," said the bobbie..."Just follow me." He leads him to a back
delivery alley, then along a wall to a gate, which he opens.

"In there," points the bobbie, "whiz away, ... anywhere you want."

The fellow enters and finds himself in the most beautiful garden he
has ever seen. Manicured grass lawns, statuary, fountains,
sculptured hedges and huge beds of gorgeous flowers, all in perfect
bloom.

Since he has the cop's blessing, he zips down and unburdens himself
and is greatly relieved.

As he goes back through the gate, he says to the bobbie, "that was
really decent of you ... is that "British hospitality?"

"No" replied the bobbie with a satisfied smile on his face, "that is
the French Embassy."

STILL bitter about the French not supporting your illegal war?

--
style is in my genes

Old March 22nd, 2004, 02:29 PM
O'Donnell Tribunal

Walking is good, though the limies want you to be more bitter and less
stout.

london pride is **** until you get up to the midlands guinness is
still the best cask beer.
Old March 22nd, 2004, 02:33 PM
Mxsmanic

toto writes:

racist joke, not good

French people, Americans, and the British all belong to the same race.

Old March 22nd, 2004, 02:36 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
toto writes:

racist joke, not good

French people, Americans, and the British all belong to the same race.

That's right. When you watch track and field games one could be almost
positive that athletes from these countries are West African. And I guess
they are in so many instances.

Old March 22nd, 2004, 03:04 PM
Padraig Breathnach

"Markku Grönroos" wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
.. .
toto writes:

racist joke, not good

French people, Americans, and the British all belong to the same race.

That's right. When you watch track and field games one could be almost
positive that athletes from these countries are West African. And I guess
they are in so many instances.

They're African-American.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old March 22nd, 2004, 03:24 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Padraig Breathnach" wrote in message
"Markku Grönroos" wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
.. .
toto writes:

racist joke, not good

French people, Americans, and the British all belong to the same race.

That's right. When you watch track and field games one could be almost
positive that athletes from these countries are West African. And I guess
they are in so many instances.

They're African-American.

Some of them, yes. Rest of them are African British and African French.

Old March 22nd, 2004, 03:33 PM
Padraig Breathnach

"Markku Grönroos" wrote:

"Padraig Breathnach" wrote in message
.. .
"Markku Grönroos" wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
.. .
toto writes:

racist joke, not good

French people, Americans, and the British all belong to the same race.

That's right. When you watch track and field games one could be almost
positive that athletes from these countries are West African. And I guess
they are in so many instances.

They're African-American.

Some of them, yes. Rest of them are African British and African French.

Not exactly. They're British African-Americans and French
African-Americans.

You need to work on your cultural framework.

Old March 22nd, 2004, 05:39 PM
The Reid

Following up to O'Donnell Tribunal

london pride is **** until you get up to the midlands guinness is
still the best cask beer.

Guiness is *not* cask beer in the normally accepted sense
(naturally conditioned etc) it would normally be called "keg".
(filtered, artifically carbonated, pumped by gas pressure etc).

Why would a London beer be better in the Midlands?
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso