Spring Break Advice.

Old October 4th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Don & Lynn

Default Spring Break Advice.

Last March, we did two weeks on the Diamond Princess to the Mexican Riviera.
We sailed March 13 through March 26. Easter was April 11, but we were up
to our necks in young people. I like young people, but not on a cruise ship.
How long does spring break last these days? In the olden days, in my youth,
break was the week before and the week after Easter.

Next year, Easter falls on March 27 and we would like to sail on the
Diamond April 16 through April 29. Will we be in Spring Break?

Many Thanks,
Don

Old October 4th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 08:34:52 -0700, Don & Lynn wrote:

Last March, we did two weeks on the Diamond Princess to the Mexican Riviera.
We sailed March 13 through March 26. Easter was April 11, but we were up
to our necks in young people. I like young people, but not on a cruise ship.

I like tigers but not in my house.

How long does spring break last these days? In the olden days, in my youth,
break was the week before and the week after Easter.

Next year, Easter falls on March 27 and we would like to sail on the
Diamond April 16 through April 29. Will we be in Spring Break?

Depends on the schools involved. Elementary, middle, high and collegiate,
not to mention technical and associate schools, private and public, may
have different dates. Some young people play hooky. Many of these are group
cruises that are planned for graduating students and are booked by the
hundreds.

Stay away from March to May and you have it made. Other than that, it is a
crap shoot.
Old October 4th, 2004, 06:32 PM
RayC

Don & Lynn wrote:
Last March, we did two weeks on the Diamond Princess to the Mexican Riviera.
We sailed March 13 through March 26. Easter was April 11, but we were up
to our necks in young people. I like young people, but not on a cruise ship.
How long does spring break last these days? In the olden days, in my youth,
break was the week before and the week after Easter.

Next year, Easter falls on March 27 and we would like to sail on the
Diamond April 16 through April 29. Will we be in Spring Break?

Many Thanks,
Don

My wife sells vacation travel for an airline, and because of
the varied schedules of schools across the country, spring
break is on their sales calendars as being from March 1st
through April 30th.

Hasn't kicking out that one week "Easter Vacation" and
replacing it with a floating "Spring Break" been a huge
boost to the vacation and travel industries! ;-)

Enjoy the kids!!

--

Ray Contreras
Old October 4th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Don & Lynn

Thank you for the info. As it turned out, I am an early riser and the kids
are not, so I didn't see them much except that the pools were jammed from
noon on. The worst thing was that they were, of course, attracted to the
"free" hot dogs and hamburgers. Princess serves food on platters, so early
in the morning, there were platters of half eaten food all over the ship,
even in front of my door. There are some lounges with beautiful furniture
and there were platters stacked there too.
Thanks again,
Don

Old October 4th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Dillon Pyron

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:27:37 -0400, Chrissy Cruiser
wrote:

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 08:34:52 -0700, Don & Lynn wrote:

Last March, we did two weeks on the Diamond Princess to the Mexican Riviera.
We sailed March 13 through March 26. Easter was April 11, but we were up
to our necks in young people. I like young people, but not on a cruise ship.

I like tigers but not in my house.

How long does spring break last these days? In the olden days, in my youth,
break was the week before and the week after Easter.

Next year, Easter falls on March 27 and we would like to sail on the
Diamond April 16 through April 29. Will we be in Spring Break?

For somebody, I'd say yes.

Depends on the schools involved. Elementary, middle, high and collegiate,
not to mention technical and associate schools, private and public, may
have different dates. Some young people play hooky. Many of these are group
cruises that are planned for graduating students and are booked by the
hundreds.

Colleges will frequently have different dates, just to break up the
load. UT and all the Austin area schools have the same dates, I
believe Texas A&M is a week earlier.

Stay away from March to May and you have it made. Other than that, it is a
crap shoot.

There's also June to early September.

--
dillon

When I was a kid, I thought the angel's name was Hark
and the horse's name was Bob.

Old October 4th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Diane Giambalvo

Don,
In NJ we have 2 spring breaks next year. Easter, for only Two days, and the
week of April 23rd, which is passover week.I don't know what the schools in
Calif have, but when I cruised from there on Easter week on the Star PrincessI
sat with a table of Calif. Teachers
..All of the teachers wanted to take my daughter home and wished she was in
their class.
Diane Giambalvo
Travel Consultant
GalaxSea Cruises And Tours
East Brunswick, NJ
1-800-357-9393
http://www.galaxseaeb.com
http://hometown.aol.com/iv18/myhomepage/business.html

Old October 4th, 2004, 08:52 PM
villa deauville

Diane,
Having met your daughter I can understand her teachers feeling the way
they do.

SUNNY

Snd I
XXX