Taking own booze on cruise

Old November 25th, 2004, 05:36 PM
John Ramsay

Default Taking own booze on cruise

My wife and I are planning a short cruise.

Probably Ft Lauderdale into the Caribbean.

We've heard personal liquor bottles are
confiscated so's the ship can sell high
price drinks.

Is this true?

Thanks.
Old November 25th, 2004, 08:37 PM
clint

Not sure, but, be aware of the new tipping policies(very confusing!)
"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:36:58 -0500, John Ramsay wrote:

My wife and I are planning a short cruise.

Probably Ft Lauderdale into the Caribbean.

We've heard personal liquor bottles are
confiscated so's the ship can sell high
price drinks.

Is this true?

Thanks.

Have at 'em, guys.

Old November 25th, 2004, 11:41 PM
jimk

Some folks I've known have gotten away with bringing booze bottles on
board in their check-in luggage. Just to be safe, what I've done in
the past is to put gin, vodka or white tequila in one-liter plastic
water bottles, wrap 'em in plastic and put 'em in my check-in luggage.
For scotch or bourbon, you could use ginger ale bottles.
Regards,
JimK

Old November 26th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Chrissy Cruiser :

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:36:58 -0500, John Ramsay wrote:

My wife and I are planning a short cruise.

Probably Ft Lauderdale into the Caribbean.

We've heard personal liquor bottles are
confiscated so's the ship can sell high
price drinks.

Is this true?

Thanks.

Have at 'em, guys.

Jeez, Chrissy, I thought that whirring sound was you getting wound up.

--
dillon

"When the French are against it, you know we can't
be far wrong." - Adm. Bobbie Ray Inman
Old November 26th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Juliana L Holm

John Ramsay wrote:
My wife and I are planning a short cruise.

Probably Ft Lauderdale into the Caribbean.

We've heard personal liquor bottles are
confiscated so's the ship can sell high
price drinks.

It varies by cruise line, but yes, they do not permit bringing your own
liquor on board. Whether the drinks are high priced or not, that is your
opinion. They are generally priced the same as a moderate bar in my area,
maybe a little less.

Most cruise lines will let you bring on one bottle of wine to celebrate a
special occasion. I naturally always have a special occasion. But wine is
reasonably priced on board ship also, essentially similar to wine in a
moderate restaurant.

Hope that helps

Juliey
--
Julie
**********
Old November 26th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Becca

John Ramsay wrote:

We've heard personal liquor bottles are
confiscated so's the ship can sell high
price drinks.

Pack the wine and/or liquor in your luggage and you will have no
problem. If you buy liquor in port, they will hold your purchases until
the last night of your cruise.

Becca
Old November 26th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Juliana L Holm

Becca wrote:
John Ramsay wrote:

We've heard personal liquor bottles are
confiscated so's the ship can sell high
price drinks.

Pack the wine and/or liquor in your luggage and you will have no
problem. If you buy liquor in port, they will hold your purchases until
the last night of your cruise.

Checked Luggage. We've had it confiscated from carryon.

--
Julie