two weeks in the U.S.

Old March 11th, 2011, 01:26 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
tim....

Default two weeks in the U.S.

"VOLTS" wrote in message

hello, i'm steve from the philippines. me and my wife are planning to
visit the US this coming december hopefully if visa approve. will $7,000
USD fit for 16 days? our plan will start in los angeles for 4 day stay
then to new york for another 4, washington dc for 4 and back to new york
before returning to los angeles. our last leg will be los angeles before
returning to the philippines.

Perhaps it's me but if I only had 12 days in the US I wouldn't use 4 of them
for LA and 4 of then or Washington.

Unless you want to use the time visiting theme parks, LA is the least
interesting destination in CA, San Francisco or San Diego are much more
interesting towns to visit and then there's a whole load of National/State
parks to visit.

The main sights of Washington are a one day affair, after that you will be
visiting places of secondary interest. Boston or Chicago would be a much
better choice here IMHO.

tim

Old March 11th, 2011, 07:48 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Doug McDonald[_4_]

On 3/11/2011 6:26 AM, tim.... wrote:

The main sights of Washington are a one day affair,

I disagree with that ... the museums alone take more than one day.
I would say its a two-day city.

Doug McDonald
Old March 12th, 2011, 01:46 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
David Hatunen

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 12:48:28 -0600, Doug McDonald wrote:

On 3/11/2011 6:26 AM, tim.... wrote:

The main sights of Washington are a one day affair,

I disagree with that ... the museums alone take more than one day. I
would say its a two-day city.

Add in places like Venice Beach.and the Santa Monica Pier.

But the LA area is huge and a car is a necessity, and some of these
places are so far apart one might prefer to change lodging each night.

--
Dave Hatunen, Tucson, Arizona, out where the cacti grow
Old March 12th, 2011, 05:56 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mark Brader

"Tim":
The main sights of Washington are a one day affair,

Doug McDonald:
I disagree with that ... the museums alone take more than one day. I
would say its a two-day city.

Dave Hatunen:
Add in places like Venice Beach.and the Santa Monica Pier.

But the LA area is huge and a car is a necessity, and some of these
places are so far apart one might prefer to change lodging each night.

This may be a bit confusing -- Dave is quoting remarks that Tim and
Doug made about Washington, but Dave himself is talking only about
Los Angeles. He appears to be responding to remarks in a *different*
part of Tim's posting than the one he quoted.

(Just posting to clarify the point.)
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "I can't tell from this... whether you're

Old March 12th, 2011, 04:36 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
kjwkjw

Unless you want to use the time visiting theme parks, LA is the least
interesting destination in CA, San Francisco or San Diego are much more
interesting towns to visit and then there's a whole load of National/State
parks to visit.

Being from LA, I couldn't agree more. Two days in San Diego or 3 days
in San Fransico would be better, with the balance added to New York.
Old March 12th, 2011, 09:16 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
David Hatunen

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 22:56:58 -0600, Mark Brader wrote:

"Tim":
The main sights of Washington are a one day affair,

Doug McDonald:
I disagree with that ... the museums alone take more than one day. I
would say its a two-day city.

Dave Hatunen:
Add in places like Venice Beach.and the Santa Monica Pier.

But the LA area is huge and a car is a necessity, and some of these
places are so far apart one might prefer to change lodging each night.

This may be a bit confusing -- Dave is quoting remarks that Tim and Doug
made about Washington, but Dave himself is talking only about Los
Angeles. He appears to be responding to remarks in a *different* part
of Tim's posting than the one he quoted.

(Just posting to clarify the point.)

Oh.

Thanks.

--
Dave Hatunen, Tucson, Arizona, out where the cacti grow