E-Z Rent-A-Car in Florida--Anyone here ever use them?

Old September 14th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Steven Scharf

Default E-Z Rent-A-Car in Florida--Anyone here ever use them?

I'll be in Florida in December, and E-Z Rent-A-Car
(http://www.e-zrentacar.com/) is substantially less
expensive than Hertz (Hertz was by far the lowest of
the major companies). Hertz is $470 for an eight day
rental, E-Z Rent-A-Car is $271 for the same eight day
rental, both are for full size cars.

Does anyone have any experience with E-Z Rent-A-Car?
I searched Usenet without finding any opinions, pro
or con.
Old September 17th, 2004, 01:41 AM
user1

Does anyone have any experience with E-Z Rent-A-Car?
I searched Usenet without finding any opinions, pro
or con.

Short answer, no. I used Payless in Orlando once....perfect bait and
switch. They didn't have the car I had a confirmed reservation for. They
had other, higher cost, vehicles. I was under time restraints so I had to
take it. Had it been Hertz, I would have had a car at the original rate,
even if all they had was a Lincoln.

Alternatively, have you explored Priceline.com for a rental? I have used
them successfully more than once. They tend to use the biggies like Avis
and Hertz. If their program fits your plans, they are hard to beat. (for
hotel rooms, too)

Old September 17th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Roger B.

"user1" wrote...
Does anyone have any experience with E-Z Rent-A-Car?
I searched Usenet without finding any opinions, pro or con.

Short answer, no. I used Payless in Orlando once....perfect bait and
switch. They didn't have the car I had a confirmed reservation for.
They had other, higher cost, vehicles. I was under time restraints so
I had to take it. Had it been Hertz, I would have had a car at the
original
rate, even if all they had was a Lincoln.

I recently had a similar experience with Thrifty in Vegas, and when
I complained, they "found" a vehicle in the class I reserved that had
scratches and drove poorly. Then tried to dun me for the damages
that I had marked on the inspection check-out card (I had a copy).

I coming around to the POV that a few extra dollars at a reputable
agency is worth the expense. To me, that means Hertz, Avis, and
possibly National, Dollar or Budget. [R]