Future of GGC (Great Group Cruises)

Old June 14th, 2011, 04:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Island Grampa

Default Future of GGC (Great Group Cruises)

As many of you know, the Great Group Cruises had it's humble beginning as a
group of members of the RTC News Group, on a cruise on Celebrity's Mercury
in December, 1998.

We became involved with the GGC, starting with GGC2000, in January 2000, on
the Norwegian Sky, at which time our Travel Agent (George Leppla) coined the
phrase "Meeting Old Friends for the First Time". This was the largest of
all the GGCs, with the guests numbering over 420.

GGCs have been held every year since, and many lifelong friendships, and
several marriages, have developed as a direct result of meetings on these
cruises.

I had the pleasure of being the Chairman of GGC2011, and as such, I feel
it's my responsibility to announce that I will not be carrying on the
Chairmanship of this group for 2012. There has been some comments about
winding up the GGC theme, but I thought I'd hand over the Chair to someone
else, if there is a desire to have it continue.

If anyone would like to take on the job of Chairman (or Chairwoman) of this
group, please let me know.

I spoke to George the other day, and he said that he would be glad to attach
the GGC2012 handle to his Mardi Gras cruise on the Holland America Westerdam
http://www.cruisemaster.com/WGC.htm , if that is everyone's pleasure. Most
things are well in hand for this cruise already, and the job of Chairperson
and committee would be fairly uncomplicated.

Wishing you all many more wonderful cruises, whether they be GGCs, or not!

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

Old June 14th, 2011, 05:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:32:39 -0700, Island Grampa wrote:

If anyone would like to take on the job of Chairman (or Chairwoman) of this
group, please let me know.

I vote for Jean O'Boil because I loves that woman., LOL
--
http://www.scroogle.org/gifs/evo16.gif
Old June 14th, 2011, 05:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_7_]

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:28:48 -0400, Chrissy Cruiser wrote:

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:32:39 -0700, Island Grampa wrote:

If anyone would like to take on the job of Chairman (or Chairwoman) of this
group, please let me know.

I vote for Jean O'Boil because I loves that woman., LOL

Check the headers....this was not posted by "Chrissy Cruiser".

Anything posted with its organization as: X-Privat.Org NNTP Server
-http://www.x-privat. org is written by the pervert troll who
steals identities of others and gets its sick jollies that way.
Always check before responding.

--Jean

Use this site to check for forgeries easily.

http://tinyurl.com/5gt7

--
http://tinyurl.com/djag
Old June 14th, 2011, 05:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Whitfield

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:39:04 -0400, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:28:48 -0400, Chrissy Cruiser wrote:

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:32:39 -0700, Island Grampa wrote:

If anyone would like to take on the job of Chairman (or Chairwoman) of this
group, please let me know.

I vote for Jean O'Boil because I loves that woman., LOL

Check the headers....this was not posted by "Chrissy Cruiser".

Anything posted with its organization as: X-Privat.Org NNTP Server
-http://www.x-privat. org is written by the pervert troll who
steals identities of others and gets its sick jollies that way.
Always check before responding.

--Jean

EXCELLENT Advice, Jean!

Use this site to check for forgeries easily.

http://tinyurl.com/5gt7

Worked great, thank you!
--
Susette