Bangkok - Bagan trip

Old November 16th, 2003, 02:48 AM
Steve

Default Bangkok - Bagan trip

Hello,

I'm going to be in Thailand this December, and I've been thinking of
taking a 2-day trip to Bagan. What travel agencies in Bangkok would
you folks recommend(I'm just looking to visit the major temples, a
market or two, and don't need anything fancy)? Also, since I'm
American, should I expect any hassles(especially coming back to the
US)?

Thanks for the help!
Old November 16th, 2003, 04:36 AM
justme

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I'm going to be in Thailand this December, and I've been thinking of
taking a 2-day trip to Bagan. What travel agencies in Bangkok would
you folks recommend(I'm just looking to visit the major temples, a
market or two, and don't need anything fancy)? Also, since I'm
American, should I expect any hassles(especially coming back to the
US)?

Thanks for the help!

Steve why?? you are an American why would you get hassled coming home?

Old November 16th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Dieter A

"Steve" schreef in bericht
om...
Hello,

I'm going to be in Thailand this December, and I've been thinking of
taking a 2-day trip to Bagan. What travel agencies in Bangkok would
you folks recommend(I'm just looking to visit the major temples, a
market or two, and don't need anything fancy)? Also, since I'm
American, should I expect any hassles(especially coming back to the
US)?

Thanks for the help!

Is there a direct flight between Bangkok or Chang Mai and Bagan ?
Don't think so

How to get to Myanmar:
http://www.e-application.com.mm/hote...#Getting%20to%
20Myanmar

You can go to Bagan without any problem
But keep in mind that there are some travel restrictions in Myamnar:
http://www.e-application.com.mm/hote...gl/gl-info.htm

You can't use your mobile phone in Myanmar(unless you pay 5000 USD), so no
need to bring that with you, no issues at the customs. If you want to bring
your laptop computer with you, make sure you make a proper declaration when
you enter Myanmar. Very hard, almost impossible, to dial in and get your
mail on your laptop.

Old November 16th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Steve

"justme" wrote in message news:MgCtb.163574$275.504697@attbi_s53...
"Steve" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I'm going to be in Thailand this December, and I've been thinking of
taking a 2-day trip to Bagan. What travel agencies in Bangkok would
you folks recommend(I'm just looking to visit the major temples, a
market or two, and don't need anything fancy)? Also, since I'm
American, should I expect any hassles(especially coming back to the
US)?

Thanks for the help!

Steve why?? you are an American why would you get hassled coming home?

Because of the US - Burma tensions. In fact, I think there is a ban
on Burmese products in the US.
Old November 17th, 2003, 03:13 PM
michael lee

There are direct flights from Bangkok to Chaing Mai on Thai Air, I
wouldn't worry very much about US customs unless you are carrying dope
or agricultural products.
The exit tax at the airport is 500 baht..
I just got back three days ago, it is reall nice to get away from the
states ! Coming back really sucks !!!!!

I'll pick the Hill,
I want to die on..

Old November 17th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Dieter A

"michael lee" wrote in message
There are direct flights from Bangkok to Chaing Mai on Thai Air, I
wouldn't worry very much about US customs unless you are carrying dope
or agricultural products.
The exit tax at the airport is 500 baht..
I just got back three days ago, it is reall nice to get away from the
states ! Coming back really sucks !!!!!

If you want to get away from our rat-race, then I rather go to KyengTong or
Myitkyina.
I assure you: you will be the only tourist in the hotel there.

Old November 17th, 2003, 06:49 PM
Gary Fritz

ian spammapsglenizrainmapsspammaps@spamerolsspammaps. invalid wrote:
The bar on exporting Bhudda images is a little more complex, however (I
believe). I think the policy is that you can't export images of Thai
Bhuddas, but that the Thais import Cambodian Bhuddas which you are free
to export! Anyone else who knows for sure, please confirm or clarify?

A quick Google search turned up an authoratative source:

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/837.php