Mariner of The Seas vs. Ocean Liners of The Past

Old January 5th, 2005, 09:38 PM
*bicker*

A 5 Jan 2005 08:30:26 -0800, "Benjamin Smith"
escribió:
bicker, you really aren't entering a perspective that has any type of
profound life experience behind it.

That's nothing more than self-serving blather. Your
comments have no perspective of reality behind them, but
that's not how I address your comments.

Business principles don't replace
profound life experiences on what are lifestyle-aspect results of
products provided to the public in another era.

Your personal values don't constitute the threshold for what
life experiences are profound and which are not, nor do your
preferences dictate what values are worthy of merit.

Your attitude in this thread is sheer hubris, and I think
highlights precisely what is wrong with your entire line of
reasoning.

--
bicker®
Old January 5th, 2005, 09:43 PM
*bicker*

A Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:24:50 -0500, Chrissy Cruiser
escribió:
Many RTCers are having trouble with the "new age of cruising".

Well-said, Chrissy. I don't mind folks living in the past,
though. What I mind is the moralistic elitism they attempt
to project. Even the frustration they must be feeling being
in an increasingly small minority with respect to what
drives the design and operations of cruise ships doesn't
rationalize that kind of attitude.

--
bicker®
Old January 5th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Robert Browne

We have aft cabin 1388( Deck 10) for our upcoming Mariner cruise. I have no
sadness over my wife and I taking this aft area for our very own. I very
much look forward to relaxing and enjoying the larger than normal balcony
and cabin. It's a perk for very early booking .
Bob
..
. ..

Old January 5th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Charles

In article , *bicker*
wrote:

Or, would prefer to sunbathe in private.

A lot of balconys arn't exactly private.

--
Charles
Old January 5th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 16:48:39 -0500, Robert Browne wrote:

We have aft cabin 1388( Deck 10) for our upcoming Mariner cruise. I have no
sadness over my wife and I taking this aft area for our very own. I very
much look forward to relaxing and enjoying the larger than normal balcony
and cabin. It's a perk for very early booking .
Bob

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K32752B2A

INTEGER! Corner and aft starboard. Very nice. Might have to crank your head
a bit to see around the corner but if it rains, you will have a lovely roof
and a view. You'll need to flip a chair over on its front and insert
between jamb and rail to keep the door from slamming around if you want to
keep it open all the time (like at nite).

Don't expect that lounge chair(s) to be there. Get cabin stward to "install
from pool".
Old January 5th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 20:19:11 GMT, Karen Segboer wrote:

Oh, sure. You're absolutely right about that. But having travelled
on the ROTTERDAM V and the QE2 transatlantic, I've been able to
experience something that many others have not and never will.

CC, you've been on the ships you mentioned (and now, so have I, on
one) but have you ever been on the ships I just named? They are
exquisite in their own right. It's one of those "you had to be there"
things.

Nope, never got into the cruising thing until I came on this newsgroup.
Much like old cars my kids will never drive.

Let's face it. I know the QE2's days are numbered, SOLAS and all. I
almost HAVE to get used to the newer ships with their rock-climbing
walls and their ice skating rinks.

Hate both of those. Ben bitches about losing the stern, I bitch about
turning huge spaces into carnival and Putt-Putt heavens.

But the best part is, I discovered
that I like them, too. There's room on my cruising dance card for
just about any kind of ship. There has to be. Those liners I love
are soon to be extinct.

Yes, they are but you will never catch me on the bow with a basketball in
my hand. Unless I'm drunk and then you will know that b/c I have a tendency
to take off my clothes.

....I'd give the Dawn serious consideration. For my
purposes right now, I need something that's close and quick. That'd
be the Dawn. We've been seeing the commercials for the Dawn again on
TV, and she does look appealing, just because of the convenience
factor and because, yes, she is a ship going to sea.

This is one I will have to feel is a safer bet than VOTS for you and Hans.
It's classier in a classic sense, more wood tones, European in flavor.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?C2C712B2A

The truth is, I've had good meals and bad meals, on ships and on
shore. One week of bad food on the Dawn (if that's what does happen)
won't kill me. I was willing to try RCI for the first time a few
months ago, and you know what happened. Hell, I may even try Carnival
before this decade is out ;-) No reason at all that the Dawn can't be
in my future.

I'm interested in only a few Carnival ships.

I can't promise that about any other NCL ship, though.

We were scheduled for the America repo but screw that. Thank you, God. But
I am looking at one of the Spirit itin like SF to NYC.

http://www.ncl.com/itinerary/it_panc.htm#

Then there is the Jewel.

http://www.ncl.com/itinerary/it_jewel.htm#ex

This ain't your old NCL but I won't touch their aged fleet.