Brits tell Emirates Turn off those plane cameras!

Old February 27th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Mikey

Default Brits tell Emirates Turn off those plane cameras!

Tony wrote:
why do the words...`whinging pom`, readily spring to mind ??

:-)

Personally I think personal protests should take the form of:

1) Villagers stand in their back gardens and moon at the
aircraft for being so damn nosy.

2) Pilots moon out of their aircraft at the villagers for
being so damn parochial. (Defn: Parochial - Adjective narrowly
restricted in outlook or scope; "insular attitudes toward
foreigners")

I wouldn't solve anything but it would make for a *much*
more interesting news story.

Mikey
Old February 27th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Barry

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...es/3489304.stm

------------------
Why don't you get the whole village to moon at them.

Better still, arrange for a group of residents living in the same street
to use their back gardens to paint a gigantic remark in Arabic
(preferably disparaging) about the Emirates and then see how long it
takes for the airline to change it's in flight entertainment programme.

Barry

Old February 27th, 2004, 03:37 PM
The Bloke Next Door

"Barry" wrote in message

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...es/3489304.stm

------------------
Why don't you get the whole village to moon at them.

Better still, arrange for a group of residents living in the same street
to use their back gardens to paint a gigantic remark in Arabic
(preferably disparaging) about the Emirates and then see how long it
takes for the airline to change it's in flight entertainment programme.

Barry

-----------------------------
The trouble there is you are basically dealing with a bunch of camel
shaggers dressed up as pilots,so it might encourage the suicide bombers.

Old February 27th, 2004, 04:24 PM
James Robinson

The Bloke Next Door wrote:

The trouble there is you are basically dealing with a bunch of camel
shaggers dressed up as pilots,so it might encourage the suicide bombers.

I believe much of their management, and many of their pilots are
British, actually.
Old February 27th, 2004, 04:48 PM
abacus

"James Robinson" wrote in message
The Bloke Next Door wrote:

The trouble there is you are basically dealing with a bunch of camel
shaggers dressed up as pilots,so it might encourage the suicide bombers.

I believe much of their management, and many of their pilots are
British, actually.

ooh, sheep shaggers......

Old February 27th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Seanie O'Kilfoyle

"Dave Newt" wrote in message

Tony wrote:

why do the words...`whinging pom`, readily spring to mind ??

Dunno... maybe it's your limited vocabulary?

**** him Newty !

Like yer shtyle !

Old February 27th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Seanie O'Kilfoyle

"Zobo Kolonie" wrote in message
Nige wrote in message
If I lived under a flightpath to Gatwick and learned of this new

intrusion
into my 'space' then I would join the band of protesters.

Well you're a ****ing idiot who should have been strangled at birth then.

FFS when I fly into Heathrow, approaching from the east, if I look out of
the window I can identify Kew Towers (my home), my inlaws' house, the

local
pub, and various local shops and restaurants.

So what?

You and the ******s in Dor(k)mansland would get more intrusion were there

bus route running past your front garden.

*ROTFLMFAO*

Nice one my son !

Get a life.

So there, ya bloody Guardian reader you.

Whooooo da man !

Old February 27th, 2004, 06:01 PM
nightjar

"Nige" wrote in message
If I lived under a flightpath to Gatwick and learned of this new

intrusion
into my 'space' then I would join the band of protesters. Surely the
villagers of Dormansland are merely expressing their discontent at yet
another intrusion. Already Gatwick has grown into the busiest airport

during
the summer months for package holiday planes. Not to talk about Emirates

and
all the other airlines.
It is during the summer when you want to enjoy your garden. Already the
villagers are really disappointed by the increasing frequency of early
morning/ late evening flights.

I wonder just how few of them have been there long enough to have bought
before Gatwick was declared as London's second airport?

OK - so I suppose they can all sell up and move to a quieter location. But
just think of the upheaval and the inconvience?

and, as Gatwick is by far the largest employer in the region, quite probably
having to move further away from working there.

And then the UK Government has been equivocating over the decision about
expanding Gatwick to provide a second runway at some point in the future.

Rather stupidly IMO. It is by far the best choice for expansion of airport
services to the Capital.

Colin Bignell

Old February 27th, 2004, 06:16 PM
The Bloke Next Door

The Bloke Next Door wrote:

The trouble there is you are basically dealing with a bunch of camel
shaggers dressed up as pilots,so it might encourage the suicide bombers.

I believe much of their management, and many of their pilots are
British, actually.

Oh! Excuse Me "British actually" so they are a bunch of ****heads dressed up
as pilots.

Old February 27th, 2004, 06:32 PM

[...]