Wakefield Mill, Quebec

Old October 5th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Bill Pittman

Default Wakefield Mill, Quebec

I have a question about the Wakefield Mill inn in Wakefield, Quebec,
just north of Ottawa.

Last year, we arrived at the Wakefield Mill for a two-night stay.
Unfortunately, the water supply was on the fritz and no water was
available. We stayed long enough to have a very nice dinner (which must
have been devilish to prepare since they had to bring in all the
water!), but then decided we couldn't stay because the plumber hadn't
shown up to fix things. We asked them to arrange another place to stay,
and they sent us to an absolute fleabag called the Alpengruss, just down
the street. Don't ever stay THERE, anyone!

We're thinking of trying again. My question: Has anyone else stayed at
the Wakefield Mill recently? Was the water problem we experienced a
freakish occurrence, or has it happened more than once?

--
Bill Pittman; change for e-mail as indicated