So Cal Fires Ground Stop if flying to Southern California

Old October 27th, 2003, 10:14 PM
Linsifer

Default So Cal Fires Ground Stop if flying to Southern California

With one of the fires a lost hunter started a fire to alert people, but
unfortunately, with the mighty Santa Ana winds, it spread quickly. He was
detained and will most likely be charged for the $$$ it's taking to fight this
particular fire. More and more people who start fires intentionally for any
reason are being made to pay. Right now between the dead trees that were killed
by a particular beetle and the hot weather and the winds, anything could
trigger a huge fire. Very sad. I have a friend who is in the process of
building a new home on the outskirts of San Diego. She was very concerned that
the fire would destroy it. I'm waiting to see how things are going.

And arson is suspected.
Old October 27th, 2003, 10:26 PM
fishman

"CupCaked" wrote in message

Thanks for the details, Lindsay. I have a cousin in San Diego, and
I'm going to call him tonight.

Don't be surprised if you cannot get through - everyone is calling every
relative and friend they have and phone lines get clogged. It is not
necessarily a harbinger of bad news.

Chris

Old October 27th, 2003, 11:12 PM
Lloyd Parsons

My oldest son and his family live in Escondido and I talked to him this
morning. They have been told to get out, so they were in the process
of packing up whatever they can and moving a bit further north to his
sis-in-law's house.

I tried to call about an hour later to get her number, and the lines
were all packed up. I doubt its going to get better for awhile.

Lloyd

(Linsifer) wrote:

With one of the fires a lost hunter started a fire to alert people, but
unfortunately, with the mighty Santa Ana winds, it spread quickly. He was
detained and will most likely be charged for the $$$ it's taking to fight
this
particular fire. More and more people who start fires intentionally for any
reason are being made to pay. Right now between the dead trees that were
killed
by a particular beetle and the hot weather and the winds, anything could
trigger a huge fire. Very sad. I have a friend who is in the process of
building a new home on the outskirts of San Diego. She was very concerned
that
the fire would destroy it. I'm waiting to see how things are going.

You wrote:

And arson is suspected.

Old October 27th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Cal Ford

Bummer Lloyd.... Hope all works out for the best and he is spared the agony of a
house fire. Keep us informed please.

Cal Ford

In article , Lloyd Parsons
says...

(Linsifer) wrote:

With one of the fires a lost hunter started a fire to alert people, but
unfortunately, with the mighty Santa Ana winds, it spread quickly. He was
detained and will most likely be charged for the $$$ it's taking to fight
this
particular fire. More and more people who start fires intentionally for any
reason are being made to pay. Right now between the dead trees that were
killed
by a particular beetle and the hot weather and the winds, anything could
trigger a huge fire. Very sad. I have a friend who is in the process of
building a new home on the outskirts of San Diego. She was very concerned
that
the fire would destroy it. I'm waiting to see how things are going.

You wrote:

And arson is suspected.

Old October 28th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Steve in FLL

(Lloyd=A0Parsons) wrote (in part:

My oldest son and his family live in Escondido and I talked to him
this morning. They have been told to get out, so they were in the
process of packing up whatever they can and moving a bit further north
to his sis-in-law's house.

Lloyd,

All my best to your Son and his family.

I have been watching these fires closely, as I have many friends in the
effected areas. As well as my Dear S.I.U. (University) X, her husband
and children in the Semi Val

Steve----Praying for Rain in So CAL
and all those effected

Old October 28th, 2003, 01:05 AM
Lloyd Parsons

In article ,
Steve in FLL wrote:

(Lloyd*Parsons) wrote (in part:

My oldest son and his family live in Escondido and I talked to him
this morning. They have been told to get out, so they were in the
process of packing up whatever they can and moving a bit further north
to his sis-in-law's house.

Lloyd,

All my best to your Son and his family.

I have been watching these fires closely, as I have many friends in the
effected areas. As well as my Dear S.I.U. (University) X, her husband
and children in the Semi Val

Steve----Praying for Rain in So CAL
and all those effected

As of this morning, they were saying it was 'precautionary', but with
the winds back up, who knows how long it was going to remain that way.

Hopefully my daughter-in-law will call and update me (my son's phone
dialing finger is terminally ill G). This was their first home, so
you know that they are upset.

Thanks for the thoughts, from both you and Cal.

Lloyd