CONGRESS SHOULD BEGIN IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY OF BUSH AND CHENEY

Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:10 PM
Becca

Default CONGRESS SHOULD BEGIN IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY OF BUSH AND CHENEY

Surfer E2468 wrote:
We are also independent ,did not vote for BUSH first time,and will not
vote for him this time,anybody but BUSH

Annie you sound like my husband when you say, "anybody but Bush".

To keep things "fair and balanced" (hopes O'Reilly doesn't sue me):

Have you heard about the No-Carb Diet for 2004?

NO C-heney
NO A-shcroft
NO R-umsfeld
NO B-ush

and absolutely NO RICE

Becca -----hey, it's all in good fun...

Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/

Old April 22nd, 2004, 06:32 PM
Mike Quint

Good one Becca

Definably good for your health and the health of the world

Mike

Old April 22nd, 2004, 06:49 PM
Zegarskis

(Surfer E2468)

We are also independent ,did not vote for BUSH first time,and will not

Someone much wiser than me once said, "Careful what you wish for; you may get
it".

This is not an easy election to choose.
Ray

Wishing light winds and smooth seas to all
Old April 22nd, 2004, 07:27 PM
Mike Quint

The Worst President?

FDR ( a democrat) led us into World War II against Germany, Italy, and
Japan. Neither Germany or Italy ever attacked us: Japan did. From

1941-1945,
450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year. That's 1

Democratic
President, 4 years and 450,000 American lives

For the record, Germany declared war with the United States immediately
after we declared war on Japan on December 8, 1941. The vote to declare
war on Japan passed the House of Representatives 434 to 1, with the one
being a Republican from Montana

The Allies won the war, The United States entered the war in Europe on
behalf of our allies.
Bush entered Iraq in spite of our allies

Harry Truman (a democrat) finished that war and started one in Korea,
North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost,

an
average of 18,333 per year. That's 1 Democratic President, 3 years, and
55,000 American lives.

A couple of problems: The "war" is still in progress since no armistice

has
been signed with North Korea. We have been operating under a cease fire

for
over 50 years with occasional shooting incidents since. It should also be
noted that this was authorized by the United Nations mainly because the
representative from the Soviet Union was stupid enough to walk out of the
Security Council meeting rather than exercising his veto power to block

the
resolution authorizing the use of troops. In fact, while Iraq may have

had
chemical weapons, and missiles that threatened Israel, North Korea admits

having nuclear weapons, and they probably have missiles that could reach

the
Western United States, as well as Japan and South Korea. Now which is the
greater threat?

John F. Kennedy (a democrat) started the Vietnam conflict in 1962.

Vietnam
never attacked us. Lyndon B. Johnson (a democrat) turned Vietnam into a
quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800

per
year. Finally in the 1970's Richard Nixon (a republican) pulled us out

of
Vietnam. That's 2 Democratic Presidents, 1 Republican President, 13

years,
and 58,000 American lives.

Currently, there are only three US Senators who served in Vietnam; Chuck
Hagel (R-NE), John McCain (R-AZ), and John Kerry (D-MA). In 2002, one
Senator, Max Cleland (D-GA) was called "chicken" and "unpatriotic" by
Republicans despite losing three limbs in Vietnam. Apparently this was a
good argument since he lost his re-election bid.

Bill Clinton went to war in Bosnia WITHOUT UN or French consent,

Bosnia
never attacked us.

No we we did with our NATO allies, Bush entered Iraq in spite of our allies.

Nothing like false analogies. By the way, more troops died in the first
three weeks in April than in ALL OF THE "MAJOR COMBAT" PHASE OF THE WAR IN
IRAQ! I thought that after we captured Saddam Hussein that the insurgency
would melt away. It appears it not only has not gone away, but

intensified.

I don't want to defend Hussein. The world is a better place without him

in
power. However, I am afraid we may have made a much worse problem, and
given Osama Bin Laden his ultimate victory, a war between the United

States
and the Arab world.

Tom Smith

Tom your last point is what really counts. Bush is handing Bin Laden victory
after victory, not only does he have his war in the Arab world but for every
freedom that Bush/Ashcroft freely give up of ours and for every new security
measure they enact, Bin Laden wins another victory. The truth is that if
Bush had not created Homeland Securities, The Patriot Act and every other
freedom grabbing act they have implimented, Amercia would still be "Free".
He should have called together the committee that is going on now called the
9-11 commission. They are trying to find out what went wrong and how to fix
it. It has become apparent that our security agencies did not talk to each
other. Evidence was there. We knew flight schools were training possible
terrorist. We knew that an incident was going to take place using an
aircraft. We were so sure about this information that top people in the Bush
administration switched to government planes. Ashcroft switched to the
private FBI plane.
The real irony is that Bush is trying to give a very diverse group of people
freedom yet has no problem taking away some of ours. Does anyone truely
believe that there will be peace in Isreal when the Palistinians and the
Jews hate each other? or that we can have peace in Iraq when the Shi'ites
and the Sunmi and the Kurds hate each other. What works in the United States
only works because we did away with the American Indian nations or at least
dis-empowered them.
Mike

Old April 22nd, 2004, 07:45 PM
Wanda Lust

do a search

go to Google

type in weapons of mass destruction

click on I'm feelng lucky

Old April 22nd, 2004, 11:04 PM
Surfer E2468

Not only 600 dead,but how about all the young boys disabled,and worse
because of BUSH

Old April 22nd, 2004, 11:06 PM
Surfer E2468

BECCA:
Nice going,agree with your husband 100%

Old April 22nd, 2004, 11:06 PM
Wanda Lust

Kurt wrote

And you will see what happens when a liberal
doesn't have enough to do with his or her
time. It takes a bunch of work to hijack the
algorithm in such a manner. And the liberals
appear very proud to have done it... as
opposed to anything really imporatant

Lighten up. Liberals are everywhere. The page originated in the UK.

Old April 23rd, 2004, 12:32 AM
Howie

Mike Quint wrote:

The truth is that if
Bush had not created Homeland Securities, The Patriot Act and every other
freedom grabbing act they have implimented, Amercia would still be "Free".

You bet, Mike. I personally think that the Patriot Act, which can be
blamed on both Bush and our spineless Congress, is the most dangerous
thing that has happened in the US during my own lifetime.

Howie