Off topic, but fun

Old June 15th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Bill

Default Off topic, but fun

Older Than Dirt Quiz: Count all the ones that you remember not the ones you
were told about

1. Blackjack chewing gum
2. Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water
3. Candy cigarettes
4. Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles
5. Coffee shops or diners with tableside juke boxes
6. Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers
7. Party lines
8. Newsreels before the movie
9. P.F. Flyers
10. Butch wax
11. Telephone numbers with a word prefix (OLive-6933)
12. Peashooters
13. Howdy Doody
14. 45 RPM records
15. S&H Green Stamps
16 Hi-fi's
17 Metal ice trays with lever
18. Mimeograph paper
19 Blue flashbulb
20. Packards
21. Roller skate keys
22. Cork popguns
23. Drive-ins
24. Studebakers
25. Wash tub wringers

Old June 15th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Rosalie B.

"Bill" wrote:

Older Than Dirt Quiz: Count all the ones that you remember not the ones you
were told about

I remember all but

1. Blackjack chewing gum
10. Butch wax
12. Peashooters
22. Cork popguns

and I think those were mostly boys things, especially the last 2 or 3

And I'm not sure about
2. Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water

But I used to collect milk bottle tops.
6. Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers

grandma Rosalie
Old June 15th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Mary Foster

I remember every single one, had personal experience with all but the
butch wax and party lines (as in political). I also remember Blue Waltz
cologne, "the new look", and wiener roasts over an open fire in the back
yard in town. And much, much more.
Mary

Old June 15th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Mary Foster wrote:
I remember every single one,

I hate to admit it, but I also remember all of them.

Mary, I will see you on the MOAGC2 I hope??

sue
Old June 15th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Tudor Jones

"Bill" ) writes:
Older Than Dirt Quiz: Count all the ones that you remember not the ones you
were told about

14. 45 RPM records

I can remember 78 RPM records!!

Tudor Jones.

Old June 15th, 2005, 02:04 PM
BruceB

"Bill" wrote in message
Older Than Dirt Quiz: Count all the ones that you remember not the ones
you were told about

Remember all of them. Qualifies me for Older than Dirt?? So??

In my limited cruise experience (2 cruises), it looks to me like 75% of
folks on cruises would remember all of this stuff. And I'm only 66. Just
think was the old farts must remember....

Old June 15th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Lloyd Parsons

In article ,
"Bill" wrote:

[...]

Yep, everyone of them.

The car I had use of when I got my license was a '51 Studebaker
Landcruiser.

Mom drove the Kaiser....
Old June 15th, 2005, 02:32 PM
number6

Bill wrote:
Older Than Dirt Quiz: Count all the ones that you remember not the ones you
were told about

1. Blackjack chewing gum
2. Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water

Rather than trying to drain the bit of liquid ... I'd chew the wax to
get it out ...

3. Candy cigarettes

Not for any anti smoking comments ... but worst candy ever ... It made
sugar not taste sweet ...

4. Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles

CLUNK !!!! heavy glass bottles ...

5. Coffee shops or diners with tableside juke boxes

A diner by us still has them ...
6. Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers

And the milk box delivery ...
7. Party lines

My grandmother's farm had that until at least 1970 ... I recall
visiting and ... having her ssshhhh me while whe was listening it ...

8. Newsreels before the movie

or 23 cartoons ...
9. P.F. Flyers
10. Butch wax
11. Telephone numbers with a word prefix (OLive-6933)

Republic 9 5389 ... my first phone number ... not old enough to recall
something like Republic 5389 ...

12. Peashooters

Education to learn to buy the right size pea to use ...
13. Howdy Doody

Reborn as Richie Cunningham on Happy Days ...note the resemblance ...

14. 45 RPM records

78s also ...
15. S&H Green Stamps
16 Hi-fi's

Victrolas too
17 Metal ice trays with lever
18. Mimeograph paper

As that business died ... a manufacturer developed white-out
19 Blue flashbulb
20. Packards

3 years from now will this be Hewlett-Packards .. ??
21. Roller skate keys
22. Cork popguns
23. Drive-ins

I must be old ... my kids even remember Drive-ins ...
24. Studebakers
25. Wash tub wringers

Old June 15th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Paul Hoffman

Hey I only remember 21 so I must be a Spring chicken still:-)

Paul

--
Paul Hoffman
McMaster University Biology Dept.

Old June 15th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Tudor Jones wrote:
"Bill" ) writes:

Older Than Dirt Quiz: Count all the ones that you remember not the ones you
were told about

14. 45 RPM records

I can remember 78 RPM records!!

I not only remember them, I am pretty sure I still have some. Only
problem is I have nothing to play them on.

sue