A Travel and vacations forum. TravelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » TravelBanter forum » Travelling Style » Air travel
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

This has to be a scam... priceline



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 20th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Miha
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default This has to be a scam... priceline

On priceline I put down $10 for EWR-JNU intiniary. Apparently it
accepted because it asks for the credit card and the button says
"purchase tickets"

Does anyone have any experience with this?!?!?!? This gotta be a scam...

Airline Ticket Offer Price: $1.00 per ticket
Airline Ticket Taxes & Fees: $60.05 per ticket
Number of Tickets: 2
Airline Ticket Delivery: $0.00 (Electronic Ticket)
Airfare Subtotal: $122.10
Total Trip Cost: $122.10
  #2  
Old October 20th, 2005, 04:17 PM
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default This has to be a scam... priceline

Miha wrote:
On priceline I put down $10 for EWR-JNU intiniary. Apparently it
accepted because it asks for the credit card and the button says
"purchase tickets"

Does anyone have any experience with this?!?!?!? This gotta be a scam...

Airline Ticket Offer Price: $1.00 per ticket
Airline Ticket Taxes & Fees: $60.05 per ticket
Number of Tickets: 2
Airline Ticket Delivery: $0.00 (Electronic Ticket)
Airfare Subtotal: $122.10
Total Trip Cost: $122.10


You didn't read the terms and conditions over there did you?
Probably the single most common problem with Priceline is folks
not reading the rules. You were making an offer. Priceline
had yet to accept it. They get your payment information
prior to accepting it, and they mark the button as "purchase
your tickets" because if they accept your offer, the sale
is done. It isn't a scam, and it's not for everyone, especially
folks who don't read the rules. But I'm dubious they were
going to sell you the ticket for $10.

  #4  
Old October 22nd, 2005, 01:38 AM
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default This has to be a scam... priceline

the sad thing is, you rarely get a huge score on priceline now. things
are standardizing as demand returns to US tourism. for a couple
wonderful years, hotel rooms were incredibly cheap.

  #6  
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Gregory Morrow
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default This has to be a scam... priceline


Miha wrote:

wrote:
Miha wrote:
On priceline I put down $10 for EWR-JNU intiniary. Apparently it
accepted because it asks for the credit card and the button says
"purchase tickets"

Does anyone have any experience with this?!?!?!? This gotta be a scam...

Airline Ticket Offer Price: $1.00 per ticket
Airline Ticket Taxes & Fees: $60.05 per ticket
Number of Tickets: 2
Airline Ticket Delivery: $0.00 (Electronic Ticket)
Airfare Subtotal: $122.10
Total Trip Cost: $122.10


You didn't read the terms and conditions over there did you?
Probably the single most common problem with Priceline is folks
not reading the rules. You were making an offer. Priceline
had yet to accept it. They get your payment information
prior to accepting it, and they mark the button as "purchase
your tickets" because if they accept your offer, the sale
is done. It isn't a scam, and it's not for everyone, especially
folks who don't read the rules. But I'm dubious they were
going to sell you the ticket for $10.

Ah... yeah, I tried it - of course it was a no go. Surprisingly,
Priceline quotes more for the same intiniary(sp?) than Alaska.



Airfares are so cheap these days that Priceline is rarely a good deal
for air. Priceline is still a decent source of cheap hotel rooms and
rental car deals, however...

Take a gander at this helpful site to see tips for PL bidding
strategies, etc.:

www.betterbidding.com

[I'm not affiliated with this site BTW]

--
Best
Greg

  #7  
Old October 26th, 2005, 12:54 PM
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default This has to be a scam... priceline


Gregory Morrow wrote:
Miha wrote:

[snip]
Airfares are so cheap these days that Priceline is rarely a good deal
for air. Priceline is still a decent source of cheap hotel rooms and
rental car deals, however...


I haven't found good hotel deals lately. And it is in places I
used to find great ones. My last two bookings have been through
hotwire, not priceline. I suspect priceline is more interested in
their fixed price market line these days.


Take a gander at this helpful site to see tips for PL bidding
strategies, etc.:

www.betterbidding.com


And of course everyones fav

http://www.biddingfortravel.com

But watch what you post there.

  #10  
Old October 27th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Gregory Morrow
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default This has to be a scam... priceline


wrote:

Gregory Morrow wrote:
Miha wrote:

[snip]
Airfares are so cheap these days that Priceline is rarely a good deal
for air. Priceline is still a decent source of cheap hotel rooms and
rental car deals, however...


I haven't found good hotel deals lately. And it is in places I
used to find great ones. My last two bookings have been through
hotwire, not priceline. I suspect priceline is more interested in
their fixed price market line these days.


Take a gander at this helpful site to see tips for PL bidding
strategies, etc.:

www.betterbidding.com

And of course everyones fav

http://www.biddingfortravel.com

But watch what you post there.



Yep, Sheryl The Big Fat Jewess runs that site with all the charm,
panache, and joi - de - vivre of Dr. Joseph Mengele performing
anesthesia - less experimental surgery on a bunch of retarded Gypsy
kids...

--
Best
Greg

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Priceline guarantees lowest cruise price Ray Goldenberger Cruises 3 October 5th, 2005 03:53 AM
Priceline is a scam Ajanta Air travel 18 May 5th, 2005 06:35 PM
Beware the Bangkok Gem Scam !!! Chabon_a_shitstain Asia 18 November 9th, 2004 08:00 PM
Airline Ticket Consolidators and Bucket Shops FAQ Edward Hasbrouck Air travel 0 April 17th, 2004 12:28 PM
Airline Ticket Consolidators and Bucket Shops FAQ Edward Hasbrouck Backpacking and Budget travel 0 January 16th, 2004 09:20 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 TravelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.