Why is Puerto Rico not as popular as other Carribean vacation destinations?

Old September 28th, 2010, 03:55 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
stonej

Default Why is Puerto Rico not as popular as other Carribean vacation destinations?

Puerto Rico is part of the US so I guess it can be discussed here.

It seems that PR does not get as much attention as places like Cancun,
Jamaica, Bahamas
Punta Cana etc. do any ideas as to why?
Old September 28th, 2010, 04:47 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Stefan Patric[_3_]

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 07:55:33 -0700, stonej wrote:

Puerto Rico is part of the US so I guess it can be discussed here.

Don't forget the US Virgin Islands, and, in the Pacific, Guam, the
Mariana Islands and American Samoa. There are others, but almost all are
either uninhabited or restricted in some way.

It seems that PR does not get as much attention as places like Cancun,
Jamaica, Bahamas
Punta Cana etc. do any ideas as to why?

My guess? PR has a bad reputation and is poorly marketed.

Stef
Old September 28th, 2010, 07:17 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Runge 124

Because it's not really beautiful and there's not much to see and the
beaches aren't tip top, that said curiously I enjoy flying there.

discussion :

Old September 28th, 2010, 11:54 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
stonej

The poor beaches thing does make sense as there is a TV commercial
running now about PR
saying "explore beyond the shore"
Old October 1st, 2010, 06:44 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
GV

I have to admit that it's been over ten years that I've been there so it
might have changed. But, we rented a car and took almost two weeks driving
around and exploring. Had a nice time but my impression was "Almost third
world territory with first class prices!"

Old December 11th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Dorothy456 Dorothy456 is offline
Banned

Quote: