Air France from Aberdeen, Scotland (ABZ) - Tokyo (NRT)

Old March 21st, 2004, 10:06 PM
Maclock

Default Air France from Aberdeen, Scotland (ABZ) - Tokyo (NRT)

I have an opportunity to fly Air France round-trip on the above-noted
routing at what would appear to be the unbelievable price of ~ £480,
inclusive of taxes and airport charges. The flight is routed via
Paris (CDG) and will be in economy class.

While I have no problem flying economy from ABZ to CDG, it may prove
to be an awfully long flight, in either direction, between France and
Japan at the back of the plane. Should anyone reading this have done
really long-non stop flights on Air France before, please share your
experiences with me. I have flown Air France on short European hops
once before and found them to be perfectly acceptable, but I don't
know what to expect on long-haul international flights with them.

Thanks in advance!
Old March 21st, 2004, 10:15 PM
nobody

Maclock wrote:
While I have no problem flying economy from ABZ to CDG, it may prove
to be an awfully long flight, in either direction, between France and
Japan at the back of the plane.

Is that flight about 10 hours long ? If so, it really isn't that bad if you
are in the right state of mind. Really, do as the pilot says: sit bad, relax
and enjoy the flight. (eat, sleep, dream).

If it is an overnight flight, make sure you do plenty of exercise on day of
departure, take a shower before you get to aircraft and then you should be
tired and sleep well on plane. Drink plenty of water.