Book On Making Towel Animals!

Old February 9th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Book On Making Towel Animals!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Carnival and thought it would be of
interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

New How-To Book For Making Popular Stateroom Towel Animals Now
Available From Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Towel Creations Provides Step-By-Step Instructions and Photos
For Making More Than 40 Different Creatures

MIAMI February 9, 2005
One of the many popular and unique features of a Carnival “Fun Ship”
cruise is the whimsical “towel animals” that greet guests when they
return to their stateroom each evening.

Now there’s a new instructional book offering step-by-step directions,
along with accompanying photos for guests wishing to recreate these
creatures back home.

“Carnival Towel Creations” is filled with colorful images and
easy-to-follow instructions for making a wide variety of “towel
animals” like those created each night by the line’s stateroom
stewards for guests’ enjoyment.

These truly creative designs often incorporate guests' sunglasses,
hats or other accessories and people genuinely look forward to the
surprise each evening, particularly children.

Instructions for more than 40 different designs -- everything from
cats and dogs to dinosaurs, elephants and snails -- are featured
within the colorful 88-page publication.

“Our guests have been asking for years for a manual on how to make
‘towel animals’ at home. 'Carnival Towel Creations' will not only
bring enjoyment to the many people who have sailed on Carnival over
the years but also anyone interested in an easy instructional guide
for creating these fun, whimsical creatures,” said Carnival President
and CEO Bob Dickinson.

“Towel animals” are one of Carnival’s signature elements and are even
featured in the line’s new national television advertising campaign.

The line’s staterooms stewards undergo more than 10 hours of training
to learn how to create the various designs and it is estimated that
the stewards create some seven million “towel animals” each year.

The “towel animals” are just one of the many personal touches
available within Carnival’s staterooms, which in addition to being as
much as 50 percent larger than those on other contemporary cruise
ships, offer in-stateroom amenities baskets and upgraded linens and
towels. Guests in balcony and ocean view accommodations are also
provided with plush terrycloth robes.

“Carnival Towel Creations” is available in the “Formalities” shops or
from the stateroom stewards aboard the line’s 20 “Fun Ships.”

The cost is $12.95.

For additional information and reservations on Carnival’s “Fun Ship”
cruises, contact any travel agent.

Old February 9th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Mike Cordelli

Hmmm, if you search for Carnival Towel Creations on Amazon to see if you can
peek inside the book, this is the only book it returns

I : The Creation of a Serial Killer by Jack Olsen (Hardcover)

Makes you wonder.

Old February 9th, 2005, 05:43 PM

They have been selling this book for at least a couple months. We
bought it on our New Years cruise on the Legend. It is okay I guess,
but I have yet to get the urge to make a towel animal to surprise
myself with come bedtime.

Dave
www.sealettercruiseforum.com

Old February 9th, 2005, 05:46 PM
DaFlaBear

RCI is handing out FREE booklets on how to do it on all ships during
their towel folding class/exhibitions.
You'd have to be nuts to pay $12.95 for a "book" when you can get it
free.
But hey, that's Carnival for you!

Old February 9th, 2005, 07:16 PM

I just looked at our copy. The book is nicely bound, glossy paper, 88
pages, has 40 designs, very detailed directions, and color photos of
the finished towels. Much more detail than the "free" pamphlet RCCL
hands out (got it). Who cares about wasting $12.95 on a cruise? The
book is as much a souvenir as anything else.

Old February 9th, 2005, 08:34 PM
William Coleman

I think daflabear was just implying that you aren't quite as savvy as he/she
is.
Bill
--
visit my Caribbean Princess website
www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com

oups.com...

Old February 9th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 23:20:55 GMT, Dillon Pyron wrote:

Clowns scare me.

Yeah, clowns ... and mimes.

A mime is a terrible thing to waste.

They may die silent, but it's in slow motion.

That did it. I'm oughta here.
Old February 10th, 2005, 12:09 AM
DaFlaBear

Bill,
I'm not more savvy than anyone.
It just seems that the info in the RCI "book" has all the information
one needs to do the towel tricks.
The nickle and dime stuff just does not set well with me.