Cancun Palace Resort

Old July 6th, 2004, 04:43 PM
CONFUSSED BLONDE

Default Cancun Palace Resort

Hi Everyone...just happened upon this group.......anyway....I returned
from Cancun around 2 weeks ago.....stayed a week at the Cancun Palace,
an all inclusive resort located on the main Hotel Zone. My Sister and
I traveled together, and was very pleased with the service, food,
entertainment and over all helpfullness with the staff at giving us
needed info for the area and activities. The only thing I could have
done without were the high pressure condo sale pitches, with the lure
of "free" gifts, which we learned to dodge all that greif by the
second day. This resort has a party/fun atmosphere, but not of the
"spring break" flare, I saw many families with small children, and it
seem to be an exceptable environment for them, however....during the
spring break season...that may all change.....the travel package that
we booked with a travel agent included 4 or 5 tours in or around
Cancun, one day we went on a jungle tour for snorkling, Myan Ruins, an
all day trip about an hour away from Cancun. It was very hot and
humid, had it been a cooler day I might of enjoyed it more, but then
again...I'm not the outdoor type of gal, ya know....the tour guide was
a real character and funny, he really made the trip fun, despite the
heat. Also, the Captain Hook Dinner Cruise was the most fun of all,
it was not included with our travel package, the Hotel has reps from
many travel agencies, the one that we booked with included....and they
were very professional and helpful in arranging transportation to the
airport and info, booking for area tours. This was my first trip to
Cancun and was unsure on the tipping rules....all tips were supposed
to be included...but ya know how that goes....so if the service was
good, I didn't hesitate to tip, but this seemed to be a common
question among most guests....do I tip.....if so...how much??? Over
all I really enjoyed the trip and planning another trip in the fall.
Hope this has been helpfull, and I'll be happy to answer any
questions......Thanks