box install underneath seat in front

Old March 29th, 2007, 08:22 PM posted to alt.airline,alt.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
April 2007

Default box install underneath seat in front

I just flew 747 and B330 with boxes (probably entertainment equipments)
install underneath seats in front of me.

I got no leg room.

Is there web site describe this in detail for us to avoid taking these seats
before buying tickets?

Thank you.

Old March 29th, 2007, 08:38 PM posted to alt.airline,alt.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
JohnT

"April 2007" wrote in message
. ..

I just flew 747 and B330 with boxes (probably entertainment equipments)
install underneath seats in front of me.

I got no leg room.

Is there web site describe this in detail for us to avoid taking these
seats
before buying tickets?

http://www.seatguru.com/

JohnT

Old March 29th, 2007, 10:07 PM posted to alt.airline,alt.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
April 2007

"JohnT" wrote in message

"April 2007" wrote in message
. ..

I just flew 747 and B330 with boxes (probably entertainment equipments)
install underneath seats in front of me.

I got no leg room.

Is there web site describe this in detail for us to avoid taking these
seats
before buying tickets?

http://www.seatguru.com/

JohnT

Well, JohnT,
Seat Guru has this problems in the comments, but did not color code it and
was not specific:
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Eva...s_A330-200.php
Actually the entertainment equipment boxes are only on aisle seat # C,D,G,H.

Old March 30th, 2007, 02:49 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank F. Matthews

April 2007 wrote:

"JohnT" wrote in message

"April 2007" wrote in message
m...

I just flew 747 and B330 with boxes (probably entertainment equipments)
install underneath seats in front of me.

I got no leg room.

Is there web site describe this in detail for us to avoid taking these
seats
before buying tickets?

http://www.seatguru.com/

JohnT

Well, JohnT,
Seat Guru has this problems in the comments, but did not color code it and
was not specific:
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Eva...s_A330-200.php
Actually the entertainment equipment boxes are only on aisle seat # C,D,G,H.

I haven't seen leg room resreiction of SeatGuru. Can anyone point to an
evaluation there which would have helped the OP avoid his problem?

Old March 30th, 2007, 01:37 PM posted to alt.airline,alt.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
April 2007

Default Singapore Airline has boxes installed underneath seats

I also understand Singapore Airline's 747 flying between SFO and HKG also
has boxes under seats. Can anyone confirm exact box locations so that we can
avoid it. Thank you.

Old March 31st, 2007, 11:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
RAK

"April 2007" wrote in message
. ..
I also understand Singapore Airline's 747 flying between SFO and HKG also
has boxes under seats. Can anyone confirm exact box locations so that we
can
avoid it. Thank you.

Those boxes are for the entertainment systems - the downside of having one
of the best inflight systems around, on-demand movies in economy. They seem
to be placed every few rows. As far as I remember they are usually under
aisle seats in the outer rows of seats. They may be somewhere in the central
rows but I never fly there (being a window seat fan on longhaul).

There are so many I think you will have trouble finding out where they all
are. If you are doing seat allocation at checkin you can ask to avoid them,
but I think if you book your seat online or over the phone in advance it
think it's just luck.
It may even vary between 747 models (and of course some long hauls are not
747s)

Old April 1st, 2007, 04:31 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank F. Matthews

RAK wrote:
"April 2007" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

I have usually been an aisle seat person since I often like to get up
and walk about and don't want to bother others in the row. The airlines
may just have changed that habit. I may be able to get center section
aisle seats though.
Old April 1st, 2007, 09:58 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
RAK

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message

RAK wrote:
"April 2007" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Just to be clear, I did not say there are no boxes in the central section. I
don't fly there so don't know. But I would guess that they would be down one
side of the central section, so maybe all the left aisle central seats area
clear. of all the right aisle ones.
Have you looked at the SQ website, the online seat request section? It is
quite detailed and just may show the boxes (though it probably doesn't)

Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:50 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Joseph Coulter

April 2007 wrote:
"RAK" wrote in message
.. .
"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message

RAK wrote:
"April 2007" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Can you please be specific on the box locations, please?
I need to make another booking soon.
I also unable to find the SQ website about the box location either.
Thank you.

go to www.seatguru.com they usually have the good info, though I can't
quite reconc ile their seat plans for US Airways with the US Airways
seat plans ;-(
Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:57 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

snip

go to www.seatguru.com they usually have the good info, though I can't
quite reconc ile their seat plans for US Airways with the US Airways
seat plans ;-(

For some reason seatguru does not have the limted legroom note for
electronics boxes for 747 as they do for Airbus 330. See the
comparison under the Qantas listings where both types plane are flown.

On the 330 it is noted that "entertainment" boxes are placed under
seats A,D,G, and K. There is no such info for 747 as listed for
Singapore aircraft or any other 747 seat maps.