Where should I go next?

Old April 5th, 2005, 10:47 PM
PTravel

How about China?

"ludfer" wrote in message ...
I'm Australian. I generally travel alone.

I like mid-level comfort: 3 stars, taxis, some Western food, some local.
Touristy stuff and some relaxation around the pool. $AUD120 ($US95) per

day
after airfares and transfers is the normal budget.

I have enjoyed travelling in Thailand, India, Vietnam and The Philippines
because they are exotic and alive and fascinating and, most importantly,
cheap enough to allow me to experience, for weeks at a time, a couple of
times a year, a level of comfort I could not afford in Europe or North
America, or even here in Australia. Cambodia is coming up soon, but I am
already thinking about the trip after that .

Indonesia and Malaysia are obvious targets. A return to the Philippines
looks good. I'd go back to Thailand any time, but that's getting a bit
predictable.

Laos? Sri Lanka? Burma?

My dentist suggested Cuba (yes, I know that's not in Asia, but I'm

throwing
this open).

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Old April 6th, 2005, 01:31 AM
A Mate

Turkey - Istanbul, Gallopoli, Selcuk, Cappadocia, Ankara (much underrated
for some reason!) - and more!!. Easy to travel independently.

Myanmar - Yangon, Mandalay, Lake Inle, Bagan. Cheap and fairly easily
travelled. Political considerations tho'!!

Old April 6th, 2005, 05:00 AM
Kevin Hendrikssen

I'd say go with Egypt, Morrocco and Turkey as the others say. Whilst I
havent been there myself I have travelled trough many of the countries
Ludfer mentions, and I'm all Asia'd out. If you have a taste for the exotic
then the above would surely fit the bill.

"Heathcote" wrote in message
u...
mate, go to egypt...it might be a bit further but it's worth the effort

Old April 6th, 2005, 06:10 AM

In Myanmar, I'd include a trip to Kyaiktiyo (Golden Rock Pagoda), which
can be done in one (long) day from Rangoon by car. You could also
include a day trip by car from Rangoon to Bago, and a half-day trip
from Rangoon to Kyauktan (Ye Le Phaya pagoda).

USC

Old April 6th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Spehro Pefhany

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:00:01 +1000, the renowned "Kevin Hendrikssen"
wrote:

I'd say go with Egypt, Morrocco and Turkey as the others say. Whilst I
havent been there myself I have travelled trough many of the countries
Ludfer mentions, and I'm all Asia'd out. If you have a taste for the exotic
then the above would surely fit the bill.

For those who have been, how does Iran compare with the above three
destinations?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany