No laser pointers through security?

Old September 20th, 2008, 12:47 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

Default No laser pointers through security?

In message "nobody"
wrote:

Why do you want to know how to build such a weapon?

Maybe he wants to blow up balloons remotely? That sounds like fun.

Or maybe he just likes projects, I know I've built stuff just for
giggles without any practical application.
Old September 20th, 2008, 01:25 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

DevilsPGD writes:

Maybe he wants to blow up balloons remotely? That sounds like fun.

Or maybe he just likes projects, I know I've built stuff just for
giggles without any practical application.

Actually I dislike tinkering with things physically. I was just curious about
how it would be done in principle. Also, lasers are so dangerous for vision
that I wouldn't be interested in fooling around with one. I'm even wary of
the tiniest laser pointers.
Old September 20th, 2008, 07:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

nobody wrote:
A harmless looking
lecture aide tool could easily have been modified to
pack a blinding laser beam capable of knocking out the
crew.

How?

Why do you want to know how to build such a weapon?

It's not hard to find the info online about how to do this.
I suspect he was just wondering how it was possible, not because he is a
terrorist. It's not like the terrorist can't look it up.
Old September 20th, 2008, 07:01 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

Jim Davis wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

nobody writes:

Why do you want to know how to build such a weapon?

Curiosity.

Curiosity killed the cat. hmmmm. Laser weapon ? Curiosity? Cat?
Good Grief ! Yer gonna zap the neighbors cat !!

Damn, poison is easier.