White plains, what airport to use?

Old January 2nd, 2004, 07:16 PM
Juan

Default White plains, what airport to use?

Hi,

I will fly from Miami to White Plains, NY, with a commercial flight.
What nearest airport to WP should I choose for my trip?

Regards,

loapa
Old January 2nd, 2004, 07:45 PM
mrraveltay

Juan wrote:

Hi,

I will fly from Miami to White Plains, NY, with a commercial flight.
What nearest airport to WP should I choose for my trip?

You could fly to White Plains. (Westchester County Airport)
Here are the airlines and cities you can fly from.
http://www.westchestergov.com/airpor...erairlines.htm

Or, you could drive to a NYC airport and drive the rest of the way.

Old January 2nd, 2004, 07:46 PM
Eric Toline

White plains, what airport to use?

Group: rec.travel.air Date: Fri, Jan 2, 2004, 10:16am (EST-3) From:
(Juan)
Hi,
I will fly from Miami to White Plains, NY, with a commercial flight.
What nearest airport to WP should I choose for my trip?
Regards,
loapa

La Guardia is closest. Should be about 30-45 minute drive depending on
traffic. Might also be bus service from the airport to WP.

Eric

Old January 2nd, 2004, 08:09 PM
Mike Cordelli

LaGuardia is not closest, White Plains (HPN) is closest, it's within the
city limits.. LaGuardia and the others are probably less expensive, it's
expensive to fly into White Plains for some reason.

Besides White Plains, LaGuardia is 30 miles away, Kennedy 36, Newark 47,
Bradley 103, Islip 67, and McArthur is 50 miles away.

If choosing Kennedy, LaGuardia, or Newark check out www.panynj.gov for
ground transportation options.

For McArthur check out the options at
http://www.stewartintlairport.com/home.html. There really are no options if
you choose Bradley or Islip other then renting a car.

Old January 2nd, 2004, 08:56 PM
John R. Levine

I will fly from Miami to White Plains, NY, with a commercial flight.
What nearest airport to WP should I choose for my trip?

It depends. As others have noted, White Plains has its own smallish
airport. There are no non-stops from Florida, and fares tend to be
high. You'll pay about $240 from FLL or $300 from Miami and change
planes on the way if you do that. Public transportation there is not
great, so ideally someone would be willing to pick you up.

Jet Blue has very low fares, as low as $160 RT nonstop from FLL to
JFK. American and Delta match some of those fares on nonstops to both
JFK and LGA. You can take a limo (a bus, really) from LGA or JFK to
White Plains for about $40 each way, which runs every two hours and
takes about an hour to LGA or 1:40 to JFK. See http://www.ctlimo.com.
If your friends really like you, you could ask them if they'll pick
you up at LGA.

If you're very price sensitive, you can take a $10 bus from LGA to
Grand Central or the new Airtrain and subway from JFK to Grand Central
for $7, where there is frequent commuter train service to White
Plains.

Don't fly to Newark, which is nowhere near White Plains.

Regards,
John Levine, , Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be,
http://iecc.com/johnl, Sewer Commissioner
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.
Old January 2nd, 2004, 10:13 PM
Robert Cowen

The easiest way to tell the price difference between any near-by airports is
to use www.ITASoftware.com. While it does not sell tickets nor display
Southwest's fares, it's "near-by" cities searching is the best. From
personal experience La Guardia was an easy drive unless you're traveling
during rush hour.

Hope this helps,

Bob Cowen
The Internet Travel Guru (TM)
www.InternetTravelTips.com

om...

Old January 2nd, 2004, 10:17 PM
Mateo

Mike Cordelli wrote:

LaGuardia is not closest, White Plains (HPN) is closest, it's within the
city limits.. LaGuardia and the others are probably less expensive, it's
expensive to fly into White Plains for some reason.

Airlines can extract a premium from customers who want to fly directly
to HPN rather than an NYC airport. Price-sensitive leisure pax will go
wherever, but IBM and other Westchester businesses will pay whatever.

Besides White Plains, LaGuardia is 30 miles away, Kennedy 36, Newark 47,
Bradley 103, Islip 67, and McArthur is 50 miles away.

Islip is McArthur - which was the other one in the pair supposed to be, SWF?

Old January 3rd, 2004, 12:20 AM
Mike Cordelli

I always think of Stewart for some reason as McArthur, so yes, it should
have been Stewart in Newburgh. The link is correct, the name is wrong.