Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan....YIKES!

Old September 16th, 2003, 05:31 AM
PlayNRelax

Default Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan....YIKES!

Alaska just sent out the 2004 rules for their MVP and MVP Gold Plan. More
miles to qualify and less benefits. What was the best frequent flyer plan is
now nothing special. If you are a member, please let them know how you feel at

.

Old September 16th, 2003, 05:50 AM
Rev

"PlayNRelax" wrote in message
Alaska just sent out the 2004 rules for their MVP and MVP Gold Plan. More
miles to qualify and less benefits. What was the best frequent flyer plan

is
now nothing special. If you are a member, please let them know how you

feel at

.

Sent to Alaska:

Dear Sirs:

I have been a member so long, my number starts with a zero.

Never would have figured Alaska to pull the same shenanigans as the other
carriers.

As loyal as I have been to Alaska, I won't hesitate to fly other carriers
now, as you no longer value my loyalty.

Solution: Suck it up and restore the benefits.

Regards,

Rev

MP#________

Old September 16th, 2003, 06:02 AM
Blake S

"Rev" wrote in message
. ca...

[...]

So, do you really want to fly America West or Southwest on a regular basis
now? I don't.

Old September 16th, 2003, 06:24 AM
mrtravel

Blake S wrote:
"Rev" wrote in message
. ca...

"PlayNRelax" wrote in message

Alaska just sent out the 2004 rules for their MVP and MVP Gold Plan.

More

miles to qualify and less benefits. What was the best frequent flyer

plan

is

now nothing special. If you are a member, please let them know how you

feel at

.

Sent to Alaska:

Dear Sirs:

I have been a member so long, my number starts with a zero.

Never would have figured Alaska to pull the same shenanigans as the other
carriers.

What "shenanigans"?
The rules always said they were subject to change, right?

Old September 16th, 2003, 06:34 AM
Treb

"Blake S" wrote in message
ink.net...
So, do you really want to fly America West or Southwest on a regular basis
now? I don't.

I have gone out of my way to fly Alaska and still value their service. I
have been flying with them since day one.

The point is loyalty. If they have to make certain changes, so will I. My
changes will be to take the most direct flight or more economical flight in
some circumstances.

Rev

Old September 16th, 2003, 06:35 AM
Treb

"mrtravel" wrote in message
y.com...
What "shenanigans"?
The rules always said they were subject to change, right?

Shenanigans?

Well, reducing elite benefits is one of them. They are making money. I was
offended by Air Canada when they did it and now Alaska. Why reduce elite MVP
Gold benefits. Geez, AS gives their miles away with check-in incentives,
on-line incentives and excessive hotel and rental car incentives. Why not
reduce the number of miles you give away rather than go after your 'loyal'
members?

Treb

Old September 22nd, 2003, 04:21 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Rev" wrote:

"PlayNRelax" wrote in message
Alaska just sent out the 2004 rules for their MVP and MVP Gold Plan. More
miles to qualify and less benefits. What was the best frequent flyer plan

is
now nothing special. If you are a member, please let them know how you

feel at

.

Sent to Alaska:

Dear Sirs:

I have been a member so long, my number starts with a zero.

big deal here. I joined in 1999/2000 and my number starts with a zero
too

Never would have figured Alaska to pull the same shenanigans as the other
carriers.

it;s still generous

As loyal as I have been to Alaska, I won't hesitate to fly other carriers
now, as you no longer value my loyalty.

they dare you to go aheadf
Old September 22nd, 2003, 05:11 PM
mrtravel

Not the Karl Orff wrote:

As loyal as I have been to Alaska, I won't hesitate to fly other carriers
now, as you no longer value my loyalty.

they dare you to go aheadf

Someone else recently complained about CO One Pass rules for next year.
I think it is a safe bet that other airlines will also change the rules
since it makes little sense to offer the same benefits if the average
ticket price is lower than it was in the past.