Good hotel in Ipoh

Old March 27th, 2008, 09:12 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Broomer

Default Good hotel in Ipoh

Guys, anyone know a good hotel in Iphod. Checked out both Asiarooms
and Tripadvisor and the four main there sucked bad.

I was thinking about the Casurina at one stage then I thought better
of it.

Might be heading there at the end of the year.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Ka.
Old March 27th, 2008, 11:04 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
A Mate[_2_]

Iphod?? What country in Asia is that??

Ichabod - maybe?? ie. Fantasy land!

Old March 27th, 2008, 11:35 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl

On Mar 27, 3:04*pm, " A Mate" wrote:
Iphod?? What country in Asia is that??

Ichabod - maybe?? ie. Fantasy land!

The subject line says Ipoh.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore
Old March 27th, 2008, 11:59 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
A Mate[_2_]

Thank you, George - so sharp!

The OP??? Doubt it!

I knew what the OP meant. BUT! I am chronically so annoyed by ignorant
posters who are discourteous in the extreme, in that they NEVER proof read
their garbage!

My personal recommendation - The Majestic Station Hotel!

Plenty of parking. The ride up to the accommodation in the ancient lift is
worth the price alone! BUT - do NOT eat there!!

Brilliant old, wide verandah, colonial fans and all.

Do, however steer clear of the 'standard rooms' immediately above the
platform.

George - I answered only because of you, whose posts I respect and enjoy!!

An aside!! I like Ipoh; but it's not an easy city to move around without
wheels. Rent a car!

Old March 27th, 2008, 12:35 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , A Mate
says...

I like Ipoh; but it's not an easy city to move around without
wheels. Rent a car!

Seems to be a pretty boring place however.
--

Alfred Molon
Old March 27th, 2008, 01:00 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
A Mate[_2_]

Matter of iponion, Alfie!

(Knowing you're a non-English speaker - may I explain - the above is a play
on words!!)

:-))

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
. ..
In article , A Mate
says...

Old March 27th, 2008, 10:59 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Broomer

On Mar 27, 11:00*pm, " A Mate" wrote:
Matter of iponion, Alfie!

(Knowing you're a non-English speaker - may I explain - the above is a play
on words!!)

:-))

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message

. ..

In article , *A Mate
says...

I like Ipoh; but it's not an easy city to move around without
wheels. Rent a car!

Seems to be a pretty boring place however.
--

Alfred Molon
http://www.molon.de- Photos of Asia, Africa and Europe- Hide quoted text -

Guys, thanks for the replies but I need something a little bit more
useful.
I'm planning to go there to my wife granny, she's just out of
hospital.
So please, keep the posts useful.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Ka.
Old March 28th, 2008, 11:45 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl

On Mar 27, 3:59*pm, " A Mate" wrote:
Thank you, George - so sharp!

The OP??? Doubt it!

I knew what the OP meant. BUT! I am chronically so annoyed by ignorant
posters who are discourteous in the extreme, in that they NEVER proof read
their garbage!

My personal recommendation - The Majestic Station Hotel!

Plenty of parking. The ride up to the accommodation in the ancient lift is
worth the price alone! BUT - do NOT eat there!!

Brilliant old, wide verandah, colonial fans and all.

Do, however steer clear of the 'standard rooms' immediately above the
platform.

George - I answered only because of you, whose posts I respect and enjoy!!

An aside!! I like Ipoh; but it's not an easy city to move around without
wheels. Rent a car!

There's not much in the way of real inquiries on r.t.a unfortunately
these days, thanks to the spammers. (Olympic homestays, what a joke!)

So it's good to get a real one, however poorly phrased (and how
ungrateful the OP might turn out to be!)

On this topic, I'm constantly disappointed by Malaysian hotels. The
Heritage Station Hotel in KL is a mess, full of noisy backpackers,
while the alternatives seem to be sterile upmarket business hotels.

I'll keep an eye out for recommendations for hotels with character as
I'd like to see more of the country while I'm in this region, like
Penang, Camerons and Sabah/Sarawak.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old March 28th, 2008, 11:46 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl

On Mar 28, 2:59*am, Broomer wrote:
On Mar 27, 11:00*pm, " A Mate" wrote:

Matter of iponion, Alfie!

(Knowing you're a non-English speaker - may I explain - the above is a play
on words!!)

:-))

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message

In article , *A Mate
says...

I like Ipoh; but it's not an easy city to move around without
wheels. Rent a car!

Seems to be a pretty boring place however.
--

Alfred Molon
http://www.molon.de-Photos of Asia, Africa and Europe- Hide quoted text -

Guys, thanks for the replies but I need something a little bit more
useful.
I'm planning to go there to my wife granny, she's just out of
hospital.
So please, keep the posts useful.

Sorry to hear about your grannyinlaw, but you were given a useful tip
in the very first reply.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old March 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Broomer

On Mar 27, 11:00*pm, " A Mate" wrote:

[...]

Bangalore- Hide quoted text -

Bud this is the sort of stuff I need.
If you hear something, I'd appreciate it.
I saw two on Tripadvisor that looked okay Indulgence and Regalodge
(might need to check the name of the second one), but I'd like a bit
more info.

From the reviews I'm reading about the main four, they suck.

Thanks again mate,

Ka.