French actor urinates on airplane floor

Old September 5th, 2011, 04:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Default I-pads and Kindle -Changed from French actor's behavior!

Martin wrote:
On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 23:49:57 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 19:25:52 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 03:34:37 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
wrote:

Martin wrote:
".

I order paper books via Amazon's website and my PC, I have never
bought an e-book from Amazon or anybody else by any means. I responded
to your statement that you didn't trust Amazon. Kindle also lets you
group books by collections.

Oh, I order physical objects from Amazon. A book just arrived today. I
just refuse to buy virtual books from them.

So you do trust them? :-)

Buy virtual books LOL. How naive Erilar, they give them away. :-)

Nowhere near as many or easy to find as free books I can get elsewjere.

I can find almost every current best seller, sometimes before they are
on sale.

There are hundreds of books posted to newsgroups every day. The
technical e-book newsgroup has more science, maths, historical,
technical, medical, etc e-books than you will find in most public
libraries

A Current best sellers cost $$$ from Amazon, but are free from the library,

Yes!

B best sellers are almost never books I want to read,
BUT
C new books I do want to read are free from the library. 8-)

If you mean e-books from libraries, they are available for 21 days
after which they self destruct.

No, I was referrong primarily to paper. I still prefer paper most of the
time, particularly for nonfiction.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Old September 5th, 2011, 04:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_8_]

Default French actor urinates on airplane floor

"Erilar" wrote in message
Martin wrote:
Isn't Amazon one of the biggest producer of e-books?

Could be, if you want to PAY for them. If I'm going to pay, I want the
physical book.

Why?
--
JohnT

Old September 5th, 2011, 08:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

"JohnT" wrote:
"Erilar" wrote in message ...
Martin wrote:
Isn't Amazon one of the biggest producer of e-books?

Could be, if you want to PAY for them. If I'm going to pay, I want the
physical book.

Why?

Nonfiction books I tend to want are sometimes larger format and whether
they are or not, often have maps, charts, illustrations, footnotes, and
bibliographies, all of which I prefer to use paper bookmarks with.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad

Old September 5th, 2011, 09:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_8_]

"Erilar" wrote in message
"JohnT" wrote:
"Erilar" wrote in message
Martin wrote:
Isn't Amazon one of the biggest producer of e-books?

Could be, if you want to PAY for them. If I'm going to pay, I want the
physical book.

Why?

Nonfiction books I tend to want are sometimes larger format and whether
they are or not, often have maps, charts, illustrations, footnotes, and
bibliographies, all of which I prefer to use paper bookmarks with.

If I were to buy reference books with maps or pictures then yes, I would buy
printed material. But not, nowadays, for other books and newspapers. I find
the Kindle invaluable for that.
--
JohnT