Gastronomic Crimes against Humanity

Old November 18th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Tim Challenger

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 03:37:41 -0800, Icono Clast wrote:
I pretty-much quit drinking alcohol the day I bought my first car, at
age 16, many decades ago even though "everybody drank and drove". I
didn't need any advice or laws to tell me what I should do in that
context.

you're clearly a paragon of virtue.

I think that's the first time in my life that degree of hyperbole in
that context has been applied to me. Little do you know.

Sarcasm mate, sarcasm.

No doubt, unlike me, that
gives you the right to moral outrage. Oh, I see it does.

Yup. When it comes to my life and limb, and protecting yours from me,
yes. I take it quite seriously.

If you consider a normal drunk dancer poses a threat to life or limb then
you deserve to be shut in a Manchester disco until 3 a.m.

--
Tim C.
Old November 19th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Icono Clast

Drinking and Dancing: http://tinyurl.com/3sx7w
Thirty posts from December 11, 1996 through October 20, 1997

Tim Challenger wrote:
No doubt, unlike me, that gives you the right to moral
outrage. Oh, I see it does.

Yup. When it comes to my life and limb, and protecting yours
from me, yes. I take it quite seriously.

If you consider a normal drunk dancer poses a threat to life or
limb

Nope. Well, not on the dance floor. It's the driving home I had in
mind but did not clearly state. We dancers regard trying to dance
while drunk quite abnormal while recognizing it happens at non-dance
venues such as corner bars and discos.

then you deserve to be shut in a Manchester disco until 3 a.m.

Dancers rarely go to discos because the dance floors are often full
of drunks, people with things such as drinks and cigarettes in their
hands, and purses, and have bad floors made worse by also being
dirty. We regard them as hazardous. You're welcome to them, though.

And, yes, in answer to another, I am a dance snob. Many of us dancers
are.
A San Franciscan who never says "No!" to an invitation to dance!
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net