Salem MA

Old September 15th, 2007, 02:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
MizzGail

Default Salem MA

Looking for a romantic haunted place to stay in Salem. MA. Any
suggestions?

Old September 19th, 2007, 02:03 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
k[_1_]

We just stopped in Salem today, but gave up on it for the traffic. It's not
haunted, although the downtown area is certainly attractive. Visit, then
find a ghost out in Gloucester or Rockport.

We circled for an hour, and even the mall garage was full, so I gave up and
turned homeward. Our last visit was on a weekend with no such problem.
There must be a B&B association that will lead you to Salem's ghosts.

oups.com...

Old September 20th, 2007, 07:42 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
MLD

"k" wrote in message
t...
We just stopped in Salem today, but gave up on it for the traffic. It's

not
haunted, although the downtown area is certainly attractive. Visit, then
find a ghost out in Gloucester or Rockport.

We circled for an hour, and even the mall garage was full, so I gave up

and
turned homeward. Our last visit was on a weekend with no such problem.
There must be a B&B association that will lead you to Salem's ghosts.

Parking in Salem it a tough---meter maids are ruthless. A trip to Rockport
or Gloucester is nice but not too much to do there either. A couple of
really nice restaurants (open all year long) in Gloucester. One is on Main
St. called the -*Passport*. Small place (store front) but very nice eating.
The other is on Route 133 about 1/2 mile in from the water front, right next
to the (very) small movie theater. Called *The Causeway*. Mixed in with a
couple of other stores, again very small, seafood, large portions, not
expensive, good service, patronized mostly by locals or those who just know
of it.
MLD

Old September 21st, 2007, 08:58 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
k[_1_]

"MLD" wrote in message

"k" wrote in message
t...
[...]

We found a new gem of a restaurant in Gloucester, right on Washington St by
the T sign. It's called the Azorean, and serves Portuguese food, mostly
seafood. It's attractive, the service is good, and the enormous portions
are delicious. Our only "complaint" was the noise level on a Saturday
night, but the crowd was generally middle-aged and just having a boisterous
good time, not rowdy. It was fun.

Keith