Home from HAL and Veendam

Old February 4th, 2008, 05:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

Default Home from HAL and Veendam

"Jeff" wrote in message
Charles wrote:
In article , CFL
wrote:

We were on the Veendam in December. The passengers included a group of
335 folks age 18 to 35. The food was top notch with lots of tasty items
on the menu every day.

Was that one of the "Geek Cruises"? There is a company that sponsors a
lot of those about, computers, digital photography, other subjects etc.
and it is always on Holland-America.

Not always! The Mac Mania cruise is on the Costa Atlantica! I guess the
Mac people have to be different, lol.....

Like you and Charles????

--Jean

Old February 4th, 2008, 01:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Default Home from HAL and Veendam for Tom and Charles

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
Holland America really is nice. The cabins are big and nicely appointed,
the staff generally is very good, the ships are very nice, and I love the
Statendam-class sized ships....you get to know everyone! In September on
the Maasdam I had regular hot tub dates with members of the show cast!
Lol...

But, as I said....destination oriented is best. Alaska, Canada, I'm sure
Europe is good, etc.....go with that!

So don't beat up Jean! Her "son" is watching, lol....

LOL! Jeff! Between you and Charles, I'm being really watched over! ;-)
I did like the Statendam and Ryndam better than the Oosterdam.
Knowing you and your outgoing personality, I'm sure you DID get to know
everyone on the ship!
Hot tub dates with the show cast huh? Good for you!

Your just about Mom....papers still not signed ;-)

See I think so too Jean. My Zuiderdam cruise was just "ok", but I liked
the Maasdam/Volendam/Rotterdam VI much much better. I do like that
sized ship and I hope HAL doesn't phase them out too quickly! Maybe
Europe on one of them one of these days. I like to workout before
dinner around 6 pm then hot tub and that's how I met a bunch of staff,
they tended to go to the gym the same times as me and of course more of
the "upstairs" staff are allowed to be in the public areas of the ship
and all that. It was fun!

Jeff

Old February 4th, 2008, 01:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
> [...]
Charles wrote:
In article , CFL
wrote:

We were on the Veendam in December. The passengers included a group of
335 folks age 18 to 35. The food was top notch with lots of tasty items
on the menu every day.
Was that one of the "Geek Cruises"? There is a company that sponsors a
lot of those about, computers, digital photography, other subjects etc.
and it is always on Holland-America.

Not always! The Mac Mania cruise is on the Costa Atlantica! I guess the
Mac people have to be different, lol.....

Like you and Charles????

--Jean

Exactly! I love my Mac!!!!!

Jeff

Old February 4th, 2008, 03:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
barbara h davis

We are HAL fans . We would really enjoy some ITALIAN choices

Old February 5th, 2008, 01:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jcz[_2_]

It's good to know that things haven't been changed that much, Jean.

June

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message . ..

"jcz" wrote in message
. ..
I had nothing but great food experiences on my HAL cruises from '98 through
'03.

Me either, June, and my cruises have been from '04 to '07 on them... I
especially like HAL for Alaska and it was great in the Mediterranean.
--Jean