cheap hotel in manhattan in June

Old May 9th, 2008, 03:56 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default cheap hotel in manhattan in June

"rf1976" wrote in message
Please can you tell me what your budget is to make a recommendation
thanks

First, thanks all to suggestions!
My budget is about 200$ per room per night.
After 1 day of "hotel hunting" activity I continue to think NY is a
wonderful city but the hotel in NY are more expensive than every
important city;
For example I come from Europe (Rome) and, also in most expensive
place like London Paris & Berlin, with my budget (200$=130€) we can
find great accomodations close to the city centre.
Thanks again!

Roberto

Old May 9th, 2008, 03:58 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

"rf1976" wrote in message
Please can you tell me what your budget is to make a recommendation
thanks

First, thanks all to suggestions!
My budget is about 200$ per room per night.
After 1 day of "hotel hunting" activity I continue to think NY is a
wonderful city but the hotel in NY are more expensive than every
important city;
For example I come from Europe (Rome) and, also in most expensive
place like London Paris & Berlin, with my budget (200$=130€) we can
find great accomodations close to the city centre.
Thanks again!

***********
Roberto - have you checked out that Travelzoo link I posted yesterday?
There are several places listed that meet your budget.

Old May 9th, 2008, 04:34 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rog'

"rf1976" wrote:
First, thanks all to suggestions!
My budget is about 200$ per room per night.
---------------
Also, you could stay cheaper down by the Seaport
and use the subways to get around. Also, you could
try staying just outside the city for less and have easy
access by train or subway to all the sights. The
Radisson in New Rochelle is right at $200/night,
within walking distance of the Metro-North train
station, and for less than $10, gets you to Grand
Central in less than 30 minutes.

I, myself, will be travelling soon to White Plains in
Westchester County, staying at a Hilton for $150 a
night, and renting a car for the $$ I'm saving by not
staying in the City. When I want to go into the City,
I'll drive to a train station and park the car. =R=

Old May 9th, 2008, 09:07 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

Rog' wrote:
"rf1976" wrote:
First, thanks all to suggestions!
My budget is about 200$ per room per night.
---------------
Also, you could stay cheaper down by the Seaport
and use the subways to get around. Also, you could
try staying just outside the city for less and have easy
access by train or subway to all the sights.

For NYC, on vacation, staying outside the city is a false economy. You
spend too much time in transit, for minimal savings.

There are lots of hotels in NYC with private bath for under $200, but
they aren't going to show up on Sidestep, TravelZoo, Expedia, or
Travelocity, you have to know where to look for them.

"http://web.archive.org/web/20070814052545/http://www.spanishnewyork.com/hotels-in-manhattan.html"
is the best collection I've found for inexpensive hotels.
Old May 10th, 2008, 04:46 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Reminds me of the time I visited Paris and booked a room that had a
"view of the Eiffel Tower". Yeah... if I leaned out the window I could
barely see it off in the distance.

..
Didn't worry me much. As I said I only slept there and it
was very convenient.

And actually I wasn't upset that the Paris hotel I mentioned didn't
have a view, as that wasn't why I picked the hotel.

James
Old May 10th, 2008, 07:16 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Carole Allen[_1_]

On Thu, 8 May 2008 15:56:47 -0700 (PDT), rf1976
wrote:

I'm planning to stay to New York one week in June and I'm looking for
a cheap hotel , clean and close to the city centre; I've tried with
www.hotwire.com, www.priceline.com or www.hotel.com, but I didn't
find, for a dobule room with private toilette, accomodation down 230$.
Could you help me, please?
Depending of hotel price the "Big Apple" is the most expensive city in
the world?!?
I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Regards

Roberto

I am booked for 4 nights at $215/night + tax (a double) at Radio City
Apartments, just 1.5 blocks from Rockefeller Center...W 49th near
Avenue of the Americas...singles are $10 less I think. I have stayed
there before and found it a great location, nice staff, good size
rooms....and full kitchenettes too (not that I cook while on vacation,
but having the micro and frig is nice for keeping leftovers/snacks and
cold drinks)... radiocityapartments.com

I also stayed at Herald Square Hotel last year for IIRC $185/night,
plus tax - I think it's at 32nd/Broadway - easy 10 min walk to theater
district, subway just around the corner. Room smaller, no frig, but
had a safe, FWIW...very comfy beds..used to be Life Mag bldg, nicely
done up ...