travel to Everglades and the Epcott centre

Old March 24th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Peter Byford

Default travel to Everglades and the Epcott centre

Hi Folks,

I wonder if anyone can give is some advice.

We are flying back from Australia next February (2005) and thought we might
stop off in Florida (Miami) and visit the Everglades and then go on to
Orlando and visit the Epcot Centre etc., before flying home.

We can be fairly flexible on time for this, maybe about 5 or 6 days. Can
anyone advice us what the best way to do this is, particularly getting from
Miami area to the Epcott Centre - if we drive , do we need an overnight stop
halfway if so where might be best please?

Thanks for past help folks, hope you can do it again,
Cheers,
Peter Byford

Old March 24th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Peter Byford" wrote:

Hi Folks,

I wonder if anyone can give is some advice.

We are flying back from Australia next February (2005) and thought we might
stop off in Florida (Miami) and visit the Everglades and then go on to
Orlando and visit the Epcot Centre etc., before flying home.

We can be fairly flexible on time for this, maybe about 5 or 6 days. Can
anyone advice us what the best way to do this is, particularly getting from

If you want to visit the Everglades, *early* in the morning is the best
time. There's a visitor centre near Homestead and if there's one place
you can do, this is it. There's places to stay in Homestead (the
Hampton Inn just off the end of the Florida turnpike is good for this).
If you can manage it Shark valley is worth a detour.

Anyway, depending on what time you get to MIA (late in the afternoon or
evening, I wager, if flying from SFO or LAX), stay near the airport
overnight or start heading up the highway to Orlando. Next day, do
EPCOT and Disneyworld. Maybe spend 3 days there. End of Day 4, start
head down to Miami/Homestead. Next morning, see the Everglades and then
head to MIA for the flight back to London.

Miami area to the Epcott Centre - if we drive , do we need an overnight stop
halfway if so where might be best please?

No. Can be driven in 5-6 hours.
Old March 24th, 2004, 05:44 PM
dadand1

"Peter Byford" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

I wonder if anyone can give is some advice.

We are flying back from Australia next February (2005) and thought we

might
stop off in Florida (Miami) and visit the Everglades and then go on to
Orlando and visit the Epcot Centre etc., before flying home.

We can be fairly flexible on time for this, maybe about 5 or 6 days. Can
anyone advice us what the best way to do this is, particularly getting

from
Miami area to the Epcott Centre - if we drive , do we need an overnight

stop
halfway if so where might be best please?

Thanks for past help folks, hope you can do it again,
Cheers,
Peter Byford

Bear in mind that Disney is 47 square miles with 4 major theme parks. 3 days
would barely scratch the surface of what to see and do. Just north of there
is Universal Studios/Island of Adventure which is also worth a couple of
days.

Old March 25th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Mark Brader

Karl Orff writes:
Anyway, depending on what time you get to MIA (late in the afternoon or
evening, I wager, if flying from SFO or LAX), stay near the airport
overnight or start heading up the highway to Orlando. Next day, do
EPCOT and Disneyworld.

Note also that the Kennedy Space Center is on the coast directly east of
Orlando, about an hour's drive away; if you're interested in the space
program, you will likely want to go there and spend a large chunk of a day.

Miami area to the Epcott Centre - if we drive , do we need an overnight stop
halfway if so where might be best please?

No. Can be driven in 5-6 hours.

In good traffic 4 hours is more like it.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "Don't try this at work."
-- Dennis Ritchie
Old March 25th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Peter Byford

Karl,

Thanks for the fast response.

I was a bit surprised to see the suggestion that we drive to Orlando and
then return to Miami to see the Everglades.

If that is the case then it would be better to fly into Orlando and out of
Miami.

Can you explain please?

Regards,
peter

Old March 25th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article 3ty8c.38$v36.17@newsfe1-win,
"Peter Byford" wrote:

Karl,

Thanks for the fast response.

I was a bit surprised to see the suggestion that we drive to Orlando and
then return to Miami to see the Everglades.

If that is the case then it would be better to fly into Orlando and out of
Miami.

Can you explain please?

If you can say fly LAX/SFo-MCO or MIA and then fly back from MIA or MCO
- LON respectively, then go for it. I wouldn't do the roundabout trip
if i didn't had to.