PRINCESS CRUISES- disaster. Ships are RUSTBUCKETS !

Old January 15th, 2004, 12:23 AM
misterfact

Default PRINCESS CRUISES- disaster. Ships are RUSTBUCKETS !

I was on a PRINCESS CRUISE SHIP. All I have to say is:

1. Overflowing toilets

2. Plugged shower drains (overflowing showers)Totally inadequate
maintainance and CLEANING of drain pipes and shower drains.

3. Loose upper deck floorboards (tripping hazzard)

4. Washing machines that leaked- causing 4" of water in the laundry
room: a common occurance.

5. Leaking rusted water pipes in the ceiling corridors.

6. Food with no flavor.

7. Lint a paper trash behind the clothes dryers in laundry rooms.

8. Every two or three days- the smell of sewer gas throughout the
ship!

9. NO LIFEBUOYS ON UPPER 2 DECKS! No floatation devices,
what-so-ever on those decks! If someone fell overboard from the ship
or from another ship while at port- you have to run 400' to either end
of the ship and dowm 2 flights of stairs to get to a lifebuoy!

This is just for starters. I sent photos and horror stories to the
Coast Guard. Never heard back from them. Princess is the "McDonalds"
of cruises. Poor maintainance of EVERYTHING on the ship: water drains,
decks, etc. They don't remove rust from deck rails and other metal
parts on upper decks. THEY JUST PUT WHITE PAINT OVER THE RUST!

This evaluation especially applicable to the Royal Princess. (Why
would the other ships be any better?)(2000 world cruise.) I doubt
things have improved! The safety staff, maintainance staff and crew
accomodations officer- absolutely incompetent!

The passengers and the rest of the staff were great!

Old January 15th, 2004, 12:50 AM
HDawson228

Tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back. ;-)
Old January 15th, 2004, 12:58 AM
JJ

I took a cruise on the Royal & had a great time & the food was fabulous, as
was my toilet! lol. johnny
om...

Old January 15th, 2004, 01:37 AM
Ray Goldenberg

On 14 Jan 2004 16:23:23 -0800, (misterfact)
wrote:

I sent photos and horror stories to the
Coast Guard. Never heard back from them.

Hi,

I gave the USCG gave you as much credence as I do. ;+)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Old January 15th, 2004, 01:52 AM
Surfer E2468

MR.FACT: I agree with you about ROYAL PRINCESS,but have sailed 9 times
on other princess ships,and had nothing but positive things to say about
them,really enjoyed them,do try their other ships.

Old January 15th, 2004, 02:44 AM
L.B.

In article , misterfact says...

[...]

What laundry rooms are you talking about? I have not seen any laundry rooms on
the 6 Princess cruises we have taken. L.B.

Old January 15th, 2004, 02:55 AM
Paul

Cordelliism:

"...I gave the USCG gave you as much credence as I do..."

It appears Goober Mike is not the only one.

Old January 15th, 2004, 03:56 AM
Odysseus

In article , says...

In article , misterfact
says...

[...]

You weren't looking. I think they all have laundry rooms. I know for a fact
that the Crown, Regal, and Dawn have them because I used them.

Old January 15th, 2004, 03:58 AM
Odysseus

I have always thought Princess does a good job of maintaining their ships.

I do agree with you about the food, especially on the buffets.