Digital Photography Survives the Test of Time?

Old April 4th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Mxsmanic

The Reids writes:

I just had another look at digital, you still cant get a setup
including a decent wide angle lens for sensible money.

You can print any photo captured with any technology using any printing
method (except that you cannot print electronically-captured photos with
enlargers, as a general rule).

Old April 4th, 2005, 05:41 PM
The Reids

Following up to Mxsmanic

I just had another look at digital, you still cant get a setup
including a decent wide angle lens for sensible money.

You can print any photo captured with any technology using any printing
method (except that you cannot print electronically-captured photos with
enlargers, as a general rule).

Yes, but that's not my problem, i'm already completely digital
post camera. Its just the cost of lens/body to get effective
focal lengths down to my current wide 17mm. It seems I can do it
with Cannon or Pentax for about ukp1500 but i'm unsure if such
extreme wides will be as good as full frame 35mm with moderate
wide angle glass. As for compacts they all seem to start above
28mm, not what I want at all.
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-Photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site

Old April 5th, 2005, 12:43 AM
Mxsmanic

The Reids writes:

Yes, but that's not my problem, i'm already completely digital
post camera. Its just the cost of lens/body to get effective
focal lengths down to my current wide 17mm. It seems I can do it
with Cannon or Pentax for about ukp1500 but i'm unsure if such
extreme wides will be as good as full frame 35mm with moderate
wide angle glass. As for compacts they all seem to start above
28mm, not what I want at all.

Then stay with film. That's what I do. The final results look better,
and they are less expensive to obtain.

Old April 5th, 2005, 02:48 AM
irwell

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:41:21 +0100, The Reids wrote:

Following up to Mxsmanic

I just had another look at digital, you still cant get a setup
including a decent wide angle lens for sensible money.

You can print any photo captured with any technology using any printing
method (except that you cannot print electronically-captured photos with
enlargers, as a general rule).

Yes, but that's not my problem, i'm already completely digital
post camera. Its just the cost of lens/body to get effective
focal lengths down to my current wide 17mm. It seems I can do it
with Cannon or Pentax for about ukp1500 but i'm unsure if such
extreme wides will be as good as full frame 35mm with moderate
wide angle glass. As for compacts they all seem to start above
28mm, not what I want at all.

I have just got one of the Panasonic FZ cameras, seems there
are Wide Angle converter lenses available. What is the
advantage to having a wider angle than the one the camera
already has?

Old April 5th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Keith W

"The Reids" wrote in message
Following up to Mxsmanic

I just had another look at digital, you still cant get a setup
including a decent wide angle lens for sensible money.

You can print any photo captured with any technology using any printing
method (except that you cannot print electronically-captured photos with
enlargers, as a general rule).

Yes, but that's not my problem, i'm already completely digital
post camera. Its just the cost of lens/body to get effective
focal lengths down to my current wide 17mm. It seems I can do it
with Cannon or Pentax for about ukp1500 but i'm unsure if such
extreme wides will be as good as full frame 35mm with moderate
wide angle glass. As for compacts they all seem to start above
28mm, not what I want at all.

The Canon digital SLR's use the EOS range lenses albeit
with a 1.4 modifiying factor (multiply 35mm rating by 1.4)

The EOS 300D comes with a 18-55 equivalent lens as standard
for around £700 from Jessops

Keith